Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Brown Nose that the tactical set-up cost us. I had expected Wolves to come and have a go, so can't blame Rodgers for that, but I'm surprised he didn't change it sooner.

All things considered a clean sheet was important following Maguire's departure, and the pressure is now off Soyuncu, and our attacking players can and will play better.

On reflection, I think Rodgers over-thought this match. He was too concerned with not losing the game.

I think he was probably thinking that we've got two tricky away matches after this and can't afford to get beat at home.

As it was, Wolves came with a 'don't lose' mentality rather than a 'try to win' one. They were knackered and, in particular, Neves and Jota were way off their usual standard. So they were probably there for the taking.

I'd hope that after the game, Rodgers was big enough to tell the players that he'd messed up tactically. I don't think the players did much different to what they were instructed to. We were just too cautious.

Agree with most of that. Largely, he bottled it.

Be interesting to see what he does against a wounded Chelsea. They are there to be got at.

Agree with most of that. Largely, he bottled it.

Be interesting to see what he does against a wounded Chelsea. They are there to be got at.
They’re also playing in midweek and it’ll be interesting to see what sort of lineup they go with.

Hopefully VAR will sort itself out. I find it a bit maddening in the cricket. “Should they refer? the clock is ticking.... should I start celebrating?”

Cricket and to a lesser extent Rugby is stop start, so VAR decisions can perhaps be tolerated. For me matchday at the football is about the flow the passion and the atmosphere. How can we sing “The referee’s a wanker“ if he’s correct all the time.

Hopefully VAR will sort itself out. I find it a bit maddening in the cricket. “Should they refer? the clock is ticking.... should I start celebrating?”

Cricket and to a lesser extent Rugby is stop start, so VAR decisions can perhaps be tolerated. For me matchday at the football is about the flow the passion and the atmosphere. How can we sing “The referee’s a wanker“ if he’s correct all the time.
Since when did Jon Moss or Mike Dean for example, need to be wrong to be called a wanker?

Having had time to reflect, I think VAR is just going to take some getting used to but if it ultimately corrects mistakes then I am all for it. I think it's the rule change for handball in the penalty area which is the problem in reality - I preferred the intentional vs. unintentional definition and the interpretation of that. In no way could you say Boly intended to handle the ball but Wolves did gain an advantage from it so under the new rules, it is rightly ruled out. Where I think VAR needs a tweak is with the offside rule - it used to be benefit of doubt to the attacker but we've lost all of that now - you can in effect have your little toe offside and the goal is ruled out which to me, is wrong. It should require more of the attacker to be offside than that.

Offside is the big VAR problem to solve for me. They need to soften the law somehow to favour the attacker.
Being offside when it’s just an arm, like Sterling’s at the weekend when you can’t play the ball with that part of the body seems a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757