Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being offside when it’s just an arm, like Sterling’s at the weekend when you can’t play the ball with that part of the body seems a bit silly.
You can't be offside with a part of the body that you can;t score with. It was his armpit, so that isn't as silly at all.

You can't be offside with a part of the body that you can;t score with. It was his armpit, so that isn't as silly at all.
Right okay I thought the new rule any part of the body, my mistake. Still, I’m sure he’s prolific with his armpits.

I know the line has to be drawn somewhere but the armpit still feels unfair to me.

The off side rule is very complicated. When exactly is the ball is played?, Does it deflect off other players, (attackers or defenders)? Who is interferring with play, and who isnt? Which body parts play someone offsde or onside?

A ball is played forward.
Two players are offside one just by a finger nail, but wide of the play and walking towards their own goal.
Another runs through from an onside possition.
collects the ball and plays it backwards .
It hits a defender.
The offside player (by a finger nail) collects the ball and passes to the previously offside (uninterferring) player,
who scores.
The player who initially ran through is in an offside positionagain wide of the play.

How many referees, linesmen and Var officials are needed to sort this out, and how long would it take them.

The off side rule is very complicated. When exactly is the ball is played?, Does it deflect off other players, (attackers or defenders)? Who is interferring with play, and who isnt? Which body parts play someone offsde or onside?

A ball is played forward.
Two players are offside one just by a finger nail, but wide of the play and walking towards their own goal.
Another runs through from an onside possition.
collects the ball and plays it backwards .
It hits a defender.
The offside player (by a finger nail) collects the ball and passes to the previously offside (uninterferring) player,
who scores.
The player who initially ran through is in an offside positionagain wide of the play.

How many referees, linesmen and Var officials are needed to sort this out, and how long would it take them.
I am confused now. So an armpit is ok but a fingernail isn't? No one has mentioned the elbow. That's discrimination.

The worst thing about the VAR episode was the lack of information. People around me all saw the screen saying disallowed but nobody knew why. Maybe we all missed that information being displayed.
We only found out why when bloke next to me looked it up on his phone. That can't be right.

The worst thing about the VAR episode was the lack of information. People around me all saw the screen saying disallowed but nobody knew why. Maybe we all missed that information being displayed.
We only found out why when bloke next to me looked it up on his phone. That can't be right.
Fairly sure they played a video of the incident on the screen at the ground - but I had a radio on in one ear also which helped?

I think that the clear and obvious rule should apply to all decisions, including handball and offsides. The Video referee should see at most 2 replays and if he isn't confident enough at that point to over-rule the ref, then the original decision stands.

Fairly sure they played a video of the incident on the screen at the ground - but I had a radio on in one ear also which helped?

They did , but it was awful - could have been a push, could have been handball, could have been anything based on what they showed

it was
They did , but it was awful - could have been a push, could have been handball, could have been anything based on what they showed
an obvious handball the correct decision was given, we will be on the receiving end I am sure this season. The law is exactly that move on it is here to stay whether fans like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757