Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't prove any of those is better or worse than others??

There are 18 other teams to play in a season.

Of course not, this doesn’t either:

We've played Arsenal 15 times since we got promoted in 2014. We've won 4 of those 15 and BR has won 3 of the 4.

Of course not, this doesn’t either:

We've played Arsenal 15 times since we got promoted in 2014. We've won 4 of those 15 and BR has won 3 of the 4.
But I didn't say that?

The fact the BR has took us so high to allow us to be annoyed with this defeat is something he deserves credit for.

No other manager in our history has had us in the position where there are only 2 teams in the league (man City & Liverpool) that we feel are still ahead of us.

Any other team in the league, and even those 2 as shown this season, we can easily match or out perform if we are at are strongest and best.

The difference for us compared to the so called big boys is that we only really have 10-12 top players but they generally have a squad of 16-22 players.

So what's your point?
If I thought you would understand it, I’d take the time to spell it out for you. But I don’t, so I won’t.

Promotions with LCFC
Pearson 2
Rodgers 0

Sackings caused by having an idiot son
Pearson 1
Rodgers 0

Journalists compared to large flightless birds
Pearson 1
Rodgers 0

Opposing midfielders pinned down and choked on the sideline
Pearson 1
Rodgers 0

I can do this all day

Tiredness is exactly the reason the basics aren't done right.
I don't accept this tiredness excuse. Why didn't we put as much determination and effort in after we scored as we did in the last 15 minutes?

The tactics and attitude were totally wrong as they were against Prague.

I don't accept this tiredness excuse. Why didn't we put as much determination and effort in after we scored as we did in the last 15 minutes?

The tactics and attitude were totally wrong as they were against Prague.

Its a fact that being tired will affect athletic performance. So do you deny the players are running on empty? Tactics may also have been wrong but you can't deny the players are ****ed.

Its a fact that being tired will affect athletic performance. So do you deny the players are running on empty? Tactics may also have been wrong but you can't deny the players are ****ed.
It's a fact that winning has an amazing effect on dissipating tiredness. Few teams are good enough to put in a performance that tries to take it easy, least of all us.

It's a fact that winning has an amazing effect on dissipating tiredness. Few teams are good enough to put in a performance that tries to take it easy, least of all us.
Not when we are playing two games a week and we generally rely on a high octane, high pressing game.

Are you suggesting our injury crisis is due to bad luck, poor management, too many games or something else?

If, as is logical, you can see that our injuries are related to our schedule then surely it’s not difficult to believe that tiredness is having an adverse effect on our performances?

If we’re honest, that’s been coming for a while....we’ve scraped through recent games whilst playing/managing within ourselves - for reasons I’m sure most of us can ‘kind of‘ accept in this artificial environment.
However, in this instance, not only were we physically beaten, but what I found more troubling was that we were also mentally and verbally beaten and bullied - and by what was essentially Arteta and his reserves....
Just let that settle for a moment - Arsenal’s B team demoralised us - and I think it’ll probably get worse yet as I imagine Sean Dyche will be exactly the kind of manager to have seen what went on and will seek to further exploit on Weds night.....
Like most others, I accept the difficulties of the situation but it really is time now for BR to earn his corn.

If we’re honest, that’s been coming for a while....we’ve scraped through recent games whilst playing/managing within ourselves - for reasons I’m sure most of us can ‘kind of‘ accept in this artificial environment.
However, in this instance, not only were we physically beaten, but what I found more troubling was that we were also mentally and verbally beaten and bullied - and by what was essentially Arteta and his reserves....
Just let that settle for a moment - Arsenal’s B team demoralised us - and I think it’ll probably get worse yet as I imagine Sean Dyche will be exactly the kind of manager to have seen what went on and will seek to further exploit on Weds night.....
Like most others, I accept the difficulties of the situation but it really is time now for BR to earn his corn.
Yep. I’m a big fan of BR, but we haven’t actually played amazingly recently, which makes our run of results even more impressive. We look tired and are suffering from injuries big time. Hopefully the absence of the Europa League midweek games gives us a bit of a chance to recharge more and pick up a bit.

I didn’t watch the game, I went for a nice long walk in the sunshine without my phone. Could sense it wouldn’t be our day.

That said, even without knowing if we were good, bad or unlucky yesterday, the levels of doom and gloom on here seem a little over the top.

I’m not one for that bizarre logic that some have of ‘we used to be shit, now we aren’t so be happy with whatever you get’ - that’s a load of bollocks.

Some of the reaction to the last two defeats seems well mardy. Given the circumstances I’ve never felt more inclined to cut every single one of them some slack.

I didn’t watch the game, I went for a nice long walk in the sunshine without my phone. Could sense it wouldn’t be our day.

That said, even without knowing if we were good, bad or unlucky yesterday, the levels of doom and gloom on here seem a little over the top.

I’m not one for that bizarre logic that some have of ‘we used to be shit, now we aren’t so be happy with whatever you get’ - that’s a load of bollocks.

Some of the reaction to the last two defeats seems well mardy. Given the circumstances I’ve never felt more inclined to cut every single one of them some slack.

Can't recall anyone posting that and I'm pretty sure no one was happy with that defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757