Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you’d be a lot happier supporting whichever club Rodgers goes to next
maybe you need to stop and realise that the players that are supposed to be our depth are injured too so we have no back up so of course the players are running on empty. There really isn't much the manager, any manager, can do about that.

We don't know who's decision it was not to sign anyone in January but I suspect it wasn't the managers.

Fofana starts training tomorrow and Praet and Perez in the next couple of weeks. We just need to try and get through this period. I want him to throw some of the kids in on Wednesday to freshen it up

maybe you need to stop and realise that the players that are supposed to be our depth are injured too so we have no back up so of course the players are running on empty. There really isn't much the manager, any manager, can do about that.

We don't know who's decision it was not to sign anyone in January but I suspect it wasn't the managers.

Fofana starts training tomorrow and Praet and Perez in the next couple of weeks. We just need to try and get through this period. I want him to throw some of the kids in on Wednesday to freshen it up
Tiredness doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to do the basics right, and at least try to win the game.

It was completely bollockless today.

Maybe you’d be a lot happier supporting whichever club Rodgers goes to next
Why? We didn't support the teams he managed before us?

Maybe we realise he is statistically the best manager we have had at this level so give him the respect he deserves for us to be even pissed off that we have just lost to Arsenal at home 1-3 and are third in the PL.

If it wasn't for him taking us to the levels he has done, we would never be annoyed losing to Arsenal in the first place.

Why? We didn't support the teams he managed before us?

Maybe we realise he is statistically the best manager we have had at this level so give him the respect he deserves for us to be even pissed off that we have just lost to Arsenal at home 1-3 and are third in the PL.

If it wasn't for him taking us to the levels he has done, we would never be annoyed losing to Arsenal in the first place.

Quite.

We've played Arsenal 15 times since we got promoted in 2014. We've won 4 of those 15 and BR has won 3 of the 4.

Quite.

We've played Arsenal 15 times since we got promoted in 2014. We've won 4 of those 15 and BR has won 3 of the 4.
The good thing about stats is that they can be used to back up any argument.

On the flip side, you could say that Arsenal have been a mid table team this season and last, so it’s hardly a surprise we have beat them several times. Hell even Claude Puel managed it.

We didn’t manage to beat them in the title winning season of 15/16, you know when they were actually a decent team.

I'm pretty sure there are no stats to say Pearson is a better manager than Rodgers so no, you can't use stats to back up any argument.

I'm pretty sure there are no stats to say Pearson is a better manager than Rodgers so no, you can't use stats to back up any argument.
Who’s talking about that?

Ok let’s give it a go.

Leicester PL victories against Manchester United.

Pearson = 1
Rodgers = 0

Happy now?

Who’s talking about that?
Didn't say anyone was, just disproving your theory of stats can be used to back up any argument.

Sometimes you have to show 2 extremes to make a point...

Ok let’s give it a go.

Leicester PL victories against Manchester United.

Pearson = 1
Rodgers = 0

Happy now?
I didn't think anyone was talking about it.

1 game in isolation does not prove being a better manager.

Rodgers beat Klopp the other week, does that make him a better manager?

Rodgers has done an excellent job. That is evident in where we are and what we have done since his arrival. He makes mistakes and often, they are bigguns but he's always going to be that kind of a manager I feel and we have to suck it up.

I will criticise him for making stupid decisions as we all should and I wish that our local 'journalists' had more bollocks in challenging him at times but I can't pretend that we aren't punching above our weight somewhat given the restrictions we have.

A big error this season was failure to reinforce our squad with any creativity in January but I can't even be that cross about it; we brought in Ünder and it hasn't worked out. This, however, wasn't our major **** up. That was not buying a striker in the summer. It was painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that Vardy wasn't going to play every game and that Iheanacho was still the same clown of a player as he had been since the day we bought him. It was a ludicrous decision and one that has come back to bite us royally, in the ass. Don't tell me there were no options. Right now, having a Watkins or a Wilson on the bench that we could use would be infinitely better than the absolute turdcake served up, yet again, by Iheanacho. ****ing hell, I'd take a Celtic player over Iheanacho.

No Barnes, Maddison or Justin means, essentially, no forward movement whatsoever and that is going to prove more than just a hiccup.

Can we have an emergency International break please?

I didn't think anyone was talking about it.

1 game in isolation does not prove being a better manager.

Rodgers beat Klopp the other week, does that make him a better manager?
Who’s talking about one game in isolation? I’m talking about the 13 matches since we got promoted.

Pearson: 2 matches, 1 win.
Ranieri: 4 matches, 0 wins.
Shakespeare: 1 match, 0 wins.
Puel: 3 matches, 0 wins.
Rodgers: 3 matches, 0 wins.

As I said, you can use stats to back up any argument.

I feel really sorry for the boys today.

This has been a week too far for them. Not their fault at all. Many of them have battered themselves for this club over the last few months and been brilliant.

I've been whining on about tiredness, resting players, prioritising, for ages. It still feels shit seeing the inevitable happen.

Our squad was never strong enough this season. We didn't recruit enough numbers. We've got several players that just aren't good enough to step in and do a good enough job. So the same names have to deliver every time.

We needed to use the likes of Gray, Slimani, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Amartey, Fuchs, Morgan a lot more or get rid and bring in better options. That's the responsibility of Rudkin.

We've now quite possibly also fecked the Euro hopes of Justin, Maddison and Barnes in the space of less than a month. Extraordinary really. They deserve better from their club than being hammered into the ground.

And then the likes of Evans and Vardy are playing on memory. Sad to see. Somehow, we have to find the time and space to regroup.
I don't entirely agree. It's about attitude and tactics as well and ours have been plain wrong lately.

We are trying to defend a lead, and even a draw, hoping to hit teams on the break. It isn't working any longer because Vardy is now too slow and other teams have sussed us out.

Who’s talking about one game in isolation? I’m talking about the 13 matches since we got promoted.

Pearson: 2 matches, 1 win.
Ranieri: 4 matches, 0 wins.
Shakespeare: 1 match, 0 wins.
Puel: 3 matches, 0 wins.
Rodgers: 3 matches, 0 wins.

As I said, you can use stats to back up any argument.
But that doesn't prove any of those is better or worse than others??

There are 18 other teams to play in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757