Post Match Leicester 1 - AS Roma 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Lookman got the goal (maybe).

They were crap, we should have buried them under the ground.

Plenty to play for in Rome, could be a famous night.

Right if BR puts Lookman on the left and starts Maddison on the right instead of the middle he needs talking to! on the whole we deserved more out of the game and Vardy would have had those chances buried had he of stayed on however he cant last 90 mins at the min.

Job done we have more than enough to beat this lot in the second leg it depends how BR sets us up.

Officially an OG. I don't think they were crap. Defensively they were super organised and very strong. We need to do exactly the same in Rome; attack at speed and press them.

We should have done better - Roma were nothing special in attack, though their defence were masters at 'professional' fouling,

I've missed out on the whole xG debate - but I assume that it is equal to a big fat zero when LCFC are taking corners?

Decent performance against a stubborn bunch of fouling tossers. You'd never guess that they have the worst disciplinary record in Serie A!

Could the away game actually suit us more than the home leg?

We need to do nowt much but practice penatlies for the second leg. They're shit. We looked just as limp as we've been rehearsing in recent league games. If we've got any sense we'll put in a generous offer to the ref for the second leg.

Felt for the players tonight. They're a bunch of knackered and half fit guys trying their best. They are just missing the necessary quality when it counts. Lots of possession and virtually zero creativity.

The Vardy gamble was a failure. Iheanacho did much better. Maddison played well in open play but turned into a total disaster on set pieces. Barnes came on and it was almost funny how poor he was.

Roma we're unsurprisingly more street wise than we were. They'll be delighted with that result. I can't help but think that is the last European game we'll see at the KP for a while.

Iheanacho did much better.
When he came on, he had Barnes on the left pushing the ball forward and Lookman on the right creating chances. Vardy didn’t. Iheanacho was laughably shit. Like…. Junior Lewis had a kid with Musa kind of shit. Vardy wasn’t in the game at all which wasn’t great either but let’s not get silly.

When he came on, he had Barnes on the left pushing the ball forward and Lookman on the right creating chances. Vardy didn’t. Iheanacho was laughably shit. Like…. Junior Lewis had a kid with Musa kind of shit. Vardy wasn’t in the game at all which wasn’t great either but let’s not get silly.

He really wasn't. The improvement in retaining possession high up the pitch was entirely due to his positioning and ability to hold the ball up. He drew Lookman, Maddison and Ricardo into the final third. Vardy was totally anonymous.

He really wasn't. The improvement in retaining possession high up the pitch was entirely due to his positioning and ability to hold the ball up. He drew Lookman, Maddison and Ricardo into the final third. Vardy was totally anonymous.
:043:

Mate. Watch it back. It wad ****ing hilarious.

Holding the ball up......

**** me.... the only this he managed to find all night was Smalling's nose and that was an accident.

Haha Nacho was no where near as bad as you make out (as ever). He wasn't spectacular with a couple of poor touches but none were as bad as Vardy's touch before he got that ridiculous yellow card!

Nacho was probably involved in more build up with his willingness to drop deep rather than always looking for the run in behind. (this doesn't mean i think Vardy is shit or played shit, he just wasn't very effective at all but he was still worth starting).

I thought that overall, we played well but lacked the cutting edge to create chances.

Albrighton was a weak link though and was woefully exposed for pace for their goal and didn't really offer much going forward.

Lookman and Barnes need to start next Thursday as it gives us an attacking threat down both sides and it also allows Maddison to play more central where he was looking much more dangerous - seemed like he should have laid the chance off for Barnes in the second half but i was on the other side so hard to tell how much space there was??

KDH shown his fantastic work rate yet again but was a bit off with his passing.

Tielemans still not looking anything like last seasons player but the deeper role is clearly not his favoured/strongest position.

All in all, nothing to be down about in my opinion and all to play for next week - i actually think 1-1 may actually favour us more than a 2 goal lead as i really wouldn't have much hope of us sitting back and shutting them out.

They will need to come at us more if they want to win which could fall in our favour and give us more space in attack.

Anyone who will start next Thursday should no way start on Sunday.

Were you there? His positioning and movement and touch were embarrassing. Just because he did one thing right, it doesn't disguise an utterly dreadful performance. Our left side died completely when he came on.
And yet we scored. From an assist. From that side. From him.

Weird.

Also though the atmosphere was really good and the signing section worked very well.

Decent enough performance, but we were much better than they were and really should have won the game

Ricardo and Albrighton were ****ing hopeless down the right hand side. Far too passive. Soon as Lookman switched over to that side and had a go, the game changed.

Bizarrely, Lookman and Justin looked great down the left but were starved of the ball. Roma looked particularly weak down that side but Maddison and Tielemans spent the whole game on the right, so the ball went that way every single time and was wasted every single time. Similar story with Vardy in the first 45, whose repeated penetrating runs into channels were completely ignored time and time again. By the time the second half started he was totally ****ed, and really should have been subbed then. Again a wasted opportunity.

Smalling and Pelegrini (?) we’re superb for Roma, but the rest of them are bang average. Nothing to fear from that performance apart from ourselves.

Real pity, as we could have had them good and proper.

Game on next week, IMO

Similar story with Vardy in the first 45, whose repeated penetrating runs into channels were completely ignored time and time again.
Spot on. He created so much space but was never found. You could see his frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263