Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton 0 FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
while Brighton's 10 men stand in the box and wait expectantly for Maddison to come up and take/stuff up the corner.
Bingo! Tactical genius on the part of Rodgers. Create a false sense of security by repeatedly having us take duff corners then, in the last minute, pop a well placed one in.

The sneaky amazing part is that we have one player in the box in the last minute for a corner to win a cup tie.
It seemed totally stupid taking a quick corner before anyone had got into the box. They'd have got loads of abuse for it if we hadn't scored.
I expect even Ward would have gone forward for what would have been virtually the last kick of the match.

It seemed totally stupid taking a quick corner before anyone had got into the box. They'd have got loads of abuse for it if we hadn't scored.
I expect even Ward would have gone forward for what would have been virtually the last kick of the match.

Mad to be honest wasn't it. Lucky we scored it because to take that corner quickly with one in the box was really a ridiculous decision.

I thought the same as you when it went out of play - will Ward come up for this? I think we would've risked it given how we were going for it and that it was likely to be the last kick.

The Brighton defence had clearly switched off though, they were all looking the other way and you saw the Brighton keeper shout at them to wake up and pay attention once it had already been taken. Have to assume Youri and Maddison were alert to that and realised it was a chance. Luckily it paid off!

The whole performance from players and manager was an incompetent mess.

They should all be a bit embarrassed.

Ah- Ha! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion- Leicester quick corner!

The good news is having got through this game that the quarter finals aren't until weekend of 20/21 March.

By then we would've played the next round of the Europa League, and if we get through that, we would've also played our round of 16 Europa League game as that would be played in the midweek prior to this game.

It should be much clearer where our priorities are by the time we play our FA Cup Quarter Final game... Although I think it will be hard for Brendan to play a weakened team in a QF, but it will depend how our league/EL position and squad depth are looking at that time I guess.

Second season in a row that we're through to the quarter final of the FAC without really trying.

Last time we made back to back QFs was in 1968 and 1969.

So many moaning Minnie's in here..

With an injury ravaged squad, we're top 4 in the PL, we're in the last 32 in the Europe League and the last 16 of the FA Cup.

"that was the most boring game I've ever seen....", "this line-up is ridiculous..", dear me, get a grip.

If that was actually the most boring LCFC game you've ever seen, you're either very young or your memory has blacked out the Craig Levein, Gary Megson, etc days. Let alone way before when we were languishing in the doldrums of Div 2 pre Phil Gee.

Don't let the fact that this is another extremely good campaign get you down people. Enjoy it.

With an injury ravaged squad, we're top 4 in the PL, we're in the last 32 in the Europe League and the last 16 of the FA Cup.

"that was the most boring game I've ever seen....", "this line-up is ridiculous..", dear me, get a grip.

If that was actually the most boring LCFC game you've ever seen, you're either very young or your memory has blacked out the Craig Levein, Gary Megson, etc days. Let alone way before when we were languishing in the doldrums of Div 2 pre Phil Gee.

Don't let the fact that this is another extremely good campaign get you down people. Enjoy it.

Sod off

I'm enjoying being a miserable wanker

Nice. Saying what I was thinking too.

Sheffield United at home under ONeil....What a game that was.

Mad to be honest wasn't it. Lucky we scored it because to take that corner quickly with one in the box was really a ridiculous decision.

I thought the same as you when it went out of play - will Ward come up for this? I think we would've risked it given how we were going for it and that it was likely to be the last kick.

The Brighton defence had clearly switched off though, they were all looking the other way and you saw the Brighton keeper shout at them to wake up and pay attention once it had already been taken. Have to assume Youri and Maddison were alert to that and realised it was a chance. Luckily it paid off!

Under, who was part of the move leading up to the corner, had ambled across to take (presumably) a quick short one and having pushed it to Youri moved back up the line to take the return.

Whether he (Under) called it or not, Youri instead then turned to the left and sent in the cross for the unchallenged header.

Worked, any road!

Under, who was part of the move leading up to the corner, had ambled across to take (presumably) a quick short one and having pushed it to Youri moved back up the line to take the return.

Whether he (Under) called it or not, Youri instead then turned to the left and sent in the cross for the unchallenged header.

Worked, any road!
Meanwhile Ian was beyond the far post, possibly off the pitch even, then sauntered unnoticed into the goal area as the whole defence distracted each other with the 'short one!' warning. The late push-in-the-back was too late to prevent the unstoppable header. Made it look easy.

If Iheanacho apparently switching off was intentional to get the defence to relax then it was genius. Though Brendan's comments about quick thinking suggests it wasn't a rehearsed corner.

My interpretation of the goal was that Brighton are over-coached.

There was nobody in their side that used their brain. It was all about areas and pressing as a group.

Potter could become a good manager but he does overcomplicate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757