Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton 0 FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second season in a row that we're through to the quarter final of the FAC without really trying.

Last time we made back to back QFs was in 1968 and 1969.
And in the second season back then, we went all the way to the Final. Only to lose to ManC of course.

I'm blessed with a memory that filters out and ditches the bad stuff. Like some kind of computer anti-virus/deep clean software. Consequently I don't remember much and that that I do remember largely pertains to eating.

Under seems to be taking a lot of flak but in a pretty poor game all around he seemed to be at the heart of all of our best stuff

Under seems to be taking a lot of flak but in a pretty poor game all around he seemed to be at the heart of all of our best stuff

BR said he wasn't happy with his first half performance and he moved him into a central striker position in the second half because he wasn't doing enough in the wide role.

It didn't sound like he's more likely to play regularly after that performance.

BR said he wasn't happy with his first half performance and he moved him into a central striker position in the second half because he wasn't doing enough in the wide role.

It didn't sound like he's more likely to play regularly after that performance.
the entire system just doesn't work the way we used it when he's played wide in a 4231 he's looked a lot better, he looked confused first half and our Wingbacks seemed to be cutting inside to a CM position too, Daley-Campbell especially first half

And in the second season back then, we went all the way to the Final. Only to lose to ManC of course.
Having played them in the Cup in four successive seasons, beating them only once.

the entire system just doesn't work the way we used it when he's played wide in a 4231 he's looked a lot better, he looked confused first half and our Wingbacks seemed to be cutting inside to a CM position too, Daley-Campbell especially first half

If he's confused after 5 months of working with BR, he hasn't got a prayer here.

BR knows exactly what he wants from every player and tells them. If they can't or don't do as they're told, they don't last. He just doesn't work hard enough or follow instructions.

I'm just relieved that we didn't sign him permanently so we can return him. He's a flop.

If he's confused after 5 months of working with BR, he hasn't got a prayer here.

BR knows exactly what he wants from every player and tells them. If they can't or don't do as they're told, they don't last. He just doesn't work hard enough or follow instructions.

I'm just relieved that we didn't sign him permanently so we can return him. He's a flop.

It's not really worked out. I think in a different side he could be a success, but it's not this Leicester side.

I'd actually be annoyed if we paid for him, especially with cash at a premium.

Fun player though, probably trying too hard because it's not working. Snake eating itself.

Brilliant article in The Athletic on Vontae Daley-Campbell. He's going to be very good. Fascinating account of how we got him.

If I'm feeling charitable towards Ünder I say that with the compressed season and no preseason, no new player can show their best because there's not the opportunity to bring them onboard properly or to tweak tactics to suit their strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't mean that we should sign him, it's just a bit of bad luck all round. And then along comes Wesleyinho to utterly disprove me

if we can sell Perez and bring Under in for the same money its worth doing, Under is a useful player still and I personally think he'll get a run in the side before the season is out and that will be when its time to really judge

In a super team alongside Slimani, Silva, and Kramaric who were also given that description.

Fittingly so, I'd say.

Kramaric has largely been a success in the Bundesliga (averaging a goal or assist a game this season).

Slimani was effective at Monaco. Less so Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757