Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's it, it's finally Puel out for me. I think I would rather see us without a manager for the rest of the season than keep Puel in. Utterly bizarre changes and doesn't seem to know his best 11 or how to play to their strengths. We are so much better than the football he insists on playing.

Next season is looking mint. They were shit last year because they were learning his system. They're even worse now as it needs more learning. Worth a bet on the title next year surely? Young squad, etc etc.
A punt on us to win the Championship title wouldn’t be the worst use of your money.

Car crash football

We once again finish the match with a huge variety of forwards playing in a range of positions they simply cannot play in, and our best number ten fartarsing about miles behind the play

This man is a complete retard

Not sure I can force myself down there again on Tuesday if he's still in charge

Truly horrific to watch in that second half - vile toxic vitriol across areas of the kop

It must end now

Car crash football

We once again finish the match with a huge variety of forwards playing in a range of positions they simply cannot play in, and our best number ten fartarsing about miles behind the play

Truly horrific to watch in that second half - vile toxic vitriol across areas of the kop

It must end now

Car crash football

It must end now

The number ten point is particularly relevant. Why is Maddison miles back?

Particular point for me was Vardy crossing in and Maddison and Gray OMG absolutely ****ing nowhere near the box.
What’s the point of being an “attacker” if you don’t have any interest in scoring goals?

Particular point for me was Vardy crossing in and Maddison and Gray OMG absolutely ****ing nowhere near the box.
What’s the point of being an “attacker” if you don’t have any interest in scoring goals?
because we aren't playing with a number 10, both Maddison and Tielemans start deep and get forward

I want a world where Frank Junior and all the Frank Juniors can sit under a shade tree, breathe the air, swim in the ocean, and go into a 7-Eleven without an interpreter. I want a world where I can eat a sea otter without getting sick! I want a world where the democrats will put somebody up there worth voting for! I may not get there with you, but most of all, I want a world where I can wake up each morning and know Claude Puel will never manage Leicester City again.

Yep I thought that was really well highlighted on BT Sport. Mahrez would have been in the box. Albrighton would have been running in. Even Shinji might have been there to fall over and score with the back of his head.

For me bring iheanacho on is basically conceding defeat. We were knocking on the door for a lot of the game. However our changes just throws in the towel. Barnes was very good today. How can taking him off help our chances of winning???

we played with a 10 most of the season and people were whinging about that because it wasn't working, against Spurs it worked, it worked today it was the defence that ****ed it up and went to sleep, we created loads of chances
The only way it worked today was badly. We had all the play in the first half but never looked like scoring.

We didn't create many clear cut chances. Lots of shots from outside the area, or half chances in the area. Their goalkeeper didn't make a difficult save.
and the person that had most of those shots was Maddison who would do that whether we played him at 10 or deeper

Barnes put a couple of good crosses in too and Vardy wasn't anywhere near.

Personally, I think Vardy is the issue. Whether that is down to the system or him that can be debated forever but I think it is a bit of both.

What is clear though is he is not a striker who plays best or is most effective when played up front on his own.

I'd be playing 2 strikers against Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757