Post Match Leicester 1 Norwich 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a perfect cross by Albrighton for the assist too. Seemed to squeeze through the keeper and defender in about the only place it could to find Leo on the back post. A half-inch either side and it would've been defended.

That is why I love football: last time out, gutted by a last minute goal in a game where we weren't expected to get anything - this time an "easy" game and we're ecstatic at a last minute winner. I know it's corny and it's already been said but, "the mark of Champions is..." (I still daren't even dream that, however!)

Good to see we can come through a game like that and still get the points. Norwich set out to emulate us, press all game, keep solid and try and pinch a goal on the counter or from a set piece. Amartey had a good debut, looked solid enough, got forward in support of the attack. Perhaps guilty of too many backwards passes but better that than losing possession.

Bloody hell glad that's over. Don't know why but this feels like a massive win. None of the team looked at their best today and Amarti looked nervous. Excellent substitutions from CR, 5 beautiful points clear at the top. Chuffed to ****ety.

Beautiful cross from Albrighton who I had been cursing all afternoon. A real piece of quality.

Good old Lenny. He's rubbish at almost everything but he does know where the goal is.

Re: Amartey, a decent start, didn't have much to do really. Suspect he was playing out of position based on some of his decisions but looks a unit.

Quick word for Norwich who played the perfect game plan but ****ing hell do they need a proper striker or what? Jerome is a known failure at this level.

Albrighton is so much better on the right. I thought Schlupp looked really good when he came on. West Brom might be too early to start him but after that I'd love to see us go back to a three behind Vardy of Schlupp, Mahrez, Albrighton.

On a side note; ive never seen a City player with a better first touch than Okazaki. Whether the ball is to chest, head, or feet he always controls it in a way where he is turning to face the opposition goal.

Special praise to Morgan. Norwich looked dangerous at times and he was (almost) always there to sniff them out.

I realized today that I dislike Steven Naismith and I don't know why.

Quick word for Norwich who played the perfect game plan but ****ing hell do they need a proper striker or what? Jerome is a known failure at this level.

What the **** was he trying to do in the first half when he was one-on-one with Schmeichel?

Special praise also to Kasper today. He commanded his box very well.

Could not agree more. Cameron Jerome has surely spearheaded at least one relegation campaign every two seasons. Quite why you'd rely on him to get goals to keep you is beyond me and yet every team that goes up with him keeps loyal. Baffling.

...On a side note; ive never seen a City player with a better first touch than Okazaki. Whether the ball is to chest, head, or feet he always controls it in a way where he is turning to face the opposition goal...

He also has a great ability to put himself between the ball and an opposing player. I've warmed to him the past couple of months I can now see why he has been one of the first choice starters.

Amartey looked like he was struggling with the pace and was caught on the ball too often, but then they were pressing really well all over the pitch.

I guess Clownio has Pizza Hut on speed-dial now.

Once again, but for one of the few times this season, I had to turn the radio off during the game as I was sure we would lose 1-0 if I I carried on listening. Have only just this moment dared to look at the result.

Fabulous.

Great result, but don't think I'll bother with this one on Sky match choice later!

West Brom winning 2-0, means we'll basically be playing a team with nothing to play for on Tuesday rather than one that is sliding down the table.

Perfect result really. Nice little reminder that these games against lesser opposition are not going to be easy wins, but receiving that reminder hasn't cost us any points.

I think there will be a few more games like that before the season is done.

Brilliant result, from a not so brilliant performance. But as usual we didn't give up, and credit to Ulloa for being alert when he had his chance.

Huge credit must go to Albrighton who wasn't his best but worked his butt off.

No doubt about it, we are going to win this feckin' thing

Apart from Huth, Morgan and Kante we were complete dogshit today. Absolute gash at times, against a team playing eight at the back and a pair of complete comedy goons in front of them. Those who wanted us to sign Naismith, hang your heads in shame. And Cameron Jerome must be playing as part of a charity bet, or something, surely ?

But this side just have a huge bag of fairy dust for Clownio to sprinkle on the pitch at just the right time. It is, quite simply, the most amazing team I've ever seen.

It's all over, folks, all over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758