Post Match Leicester 1 Southampton 0 - FA Cup semi final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny that Brendan is linked with Spurs. Apart from the fact that Spurs probably have no money left after paying off 'The Special One', would he really want to take a step down from a Top 4, FA Cup finalist club, and reasonably recent Premier League winners to go to a club that has not won the League in 60 years, or the FA Cup in 30 years? Laughable really.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, BR will dump us for any bigger club as soon as he can. Rightly or wrongly, his ambitions go way beyond us.

Like it or not, Spurs have loads more income and spending power than we do. That's all that mattered when we approached him and that's all that will matter to him now too.

I think that there is a very strong chance that BR leaves this summer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, BR will dump us for any bigger club as soon as he can. Rightly or wrongly, his ambitions go way beyond us.

Like it or not, Spurs have loads more income and spending power than we do. That's all that mattered when we approached him and that's all that will matter to him now too.

If he does, I would take Mourinho.

Do Spurs really have that much more spending power?

Levy is pretty tight generally, and they're paying off that big new stadium.

The European Super League is an interesting addition into the Brendan to Spurs debate. Obviously that would increase their spending power significantly - but also make it far less likely that they win anything.

I'd hope the Spurs job isn't seen as enough of a step up atm to take that risk.

I'd be fuming to lose him to Spurs.

The European Super League is an interesting addition into the Brendan to Spurs debate. Obviously that would increase their spending power significantly - but also make it far less likely that they win anything.

It’s more likely than it was yesterday.

Football doesn't work like that though. Reputation means everything.

The last manager Spurs sacked got a gig at PSG. The last manager we sacked got a gig at St. Etienne.

You don't go from managing Leicester to managing Barcelona but you could from Spurs.

Football doesn't work like that though. Reputation means everything.

The last manager Spurs sacked got a gig at PSG. The last manager we sacked got a gig at St. Etienne.

You don't go from managing Leicester to managing Barcelona but you could from Spurs.

Not if Spurs lose 80% of the games they participate in

Nope. He only did about 6 months more at Celtic than he's done with us so far.
And IIRC, there were quite a few rumours that he was heavily pushing for the job long before he actually joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757