Post Match Leicester 1 - Southampton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely careless performance. Absolutely appalling in both attack and defence and we gifted away possession time and time and time again. We are desperate for a wide player to come in and offer us a different outlet.

We looked absolutely knackered after about 30 minutes and they were able to control the midfield so easily. We really miss Ndidi so much and I don't think things will get much better until we have him back.

There is absolutely no defence of Ben ****ing Chilwell after that. He's either just that shit or he really has allowed his own hype to get the better of him. If we sell him and he goes on to be a terrific player elsewhere then that's okay with me because he just won't become a teriffic player for us. Either we just don't suit him or his attitude stinks.

Chelsea winning means we are 6 points ahead of 4th and Man Utd winning means 11 ahead of 5th and 13 ahead of Sheffield Utd In 6th. Not panicking or anything as we've had a phenomenal season thus far but it's our position to give up.

I have a feeling Jan will continue to be difficult and our sticky patch won't end until we get to Feb where hopefully we have a good rest between matches.

Burnley away next week which will be very hard and they'll be desperate for a win given their loss today. But we have a week to recover, regroup and work on things. In BR we trust.

And he took him off! Was our only player that looked like influencing the game.
Yep. I didn't think he had a particularly effective first 45 but he was, at least, our least wasteful player. He looked our best player by a mile in the second HALF so I cannot understand, for the life of me, the decision to take him off.

It always amazes when professional players are not two footed Nacho should have buried that golden chance, the positive is at least he is getting into those positions now. Can Justin play in Chilwell position?

This is a pivotal result in our season as, ironically, it seemed to be for Southampton. Hopefully Brendan can turn it round. He is a top manager and I have absolute faith but we need to get back to the aggressive, pressing football we were playing earlier in the season. We need more wide options.
On the plus side Iheanacho looked lively when he came on, Tielemans looked marginally better when he came on, and Chilwell can not possibly have a worse game this season. We’re still second lads. Third if Man City win tomorrow. We’d all have taken this at the start!

It always amazes when professional players are not two footed Nacho should have buried that golden chance, the positive is at least he is getting into those positions now. Can Justin play in Chilwell position?
Tbf it looked like a bloody good save to me

Chilwell was Dog Shit poor get shot of him before he becomes another Mattock & we can't give him away.
James needs to play Vs Burnley

Apart from our all round appalling display, I am genuinely worried VAR may be the death of live football. You can't actually celebrate anything until it's been VAR'd. Just doesn't feel like football anymore.

Absolutely ****ing rubbish

Perez truly awful, Barnes truly pointless, Soyuncu all over the place, Hamza out of his depth

But the Clown Prince of Shit was Ben Chilwell, giving one of the worst performances by an individual player that I’ve seen for quite some time. Listening to the twatfest on the radio on the way home , Piper was talking about some stat saying that he gave the ball away directly to the opposition twenty times in the first half. TWENTY ****ING TIMES. It was truly an unbelievable, and completely unacceptable, performance.

Something that really pissed me off was the fact that he just got away with it. Evans should have been ****ing screaming at the useless twat as he ****ed things up time and time and time again, and Rodgers should have been all over him. But it seemed like everyone was just shrugging their shoulders as if it didn’t matter. No wonder the crowd got at him - because no ****er else could be bothered

Complete shitfest

Oh and I completely forgot Maddison

**** me. Total wank

We looked beat before the game started to me. They were far more 'up for it' than we were. Not surprising really, they had huge motivation to get back at us.

They pressed us high and hard and we were just too soft. The one thing that we have been consistently through this season is weak. We hardly put the boot in at all. We don't kick and push and do a bit off the ball. We're very nice to opponents and today we were bullied.

When your form dips and your flowing game is gone, you have to tough it out. We will never scrap it out with the likes of Maddison, Perez and Barnes mincing around the pitch. All three routinely duck out of tackles, fall over at the slightest of breezes, and disappear when the going gets tough.

I can only assume that BR switched Evans and Soyuncu to offer more protection to Chilwell. It didn't work. Chilwell was dreadful.

Choudhury was also well below the required standard. He vacated his position constantly leaving a massive hole in front of our central defenders. He flies around the pitch making weird challenges that mostly just enable the opposition to play around him. I'm really yet to get what people see in him. He is not a Premier League player yet.

BR deserves some criticism now. He's picking players that are out of form and keeping players out who are in form - how on earth is Iheanacho not starting? Why is Praet always the fall guy in midfield when he's usually the best one there? Justin should have been on for Chilwell at half time - it was an obvious move.

All in all, it was a total shit show.

Absolutely ****ing rubbish

Perez truly awful, Barnes truly pointless, Soyuncu all over the place, Hamza out of his depth

But the Clown Prince of Shit was Ben Chilwell, giving one of the worst performances by an individual player that I’ve seen for quite some time. Listening to the twatfest on the radio on the way home , Piper was talking about some stat saying that he gave the ball away directly to the opposition twenty times in the first half. TWENTY ****ING TIMES. It was truly an unbelievable, and completely unacceptable, performance.

Something that really pissed me off was the fact that he just got away with it. Evans should have been ****ing screaming at the useless twat as he ****ed things up time and time and time again, and Rodgers should have been all over him. But it seemed like everyone was just shrugging their shoulders as if it didn’t matter. No wonder the crowd got at him - because no ****er else could be bothered

Complete shitfest
I heard that on RL on the way home, and also as a team we passed it directly to them over 60 times in the first half

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl: "We deserved it because we had so many chances. It was a fantastic team performance again.

"They left everything on the pitch. We were a little bit unlucky in the first half, with Ingsy hitting the bar twice.

"You could feel we had the potential to win the game at half-time. We had Ingsy in the right moment to score.

"We constantly spoke about revenge during the week. It was about giving ourselves an answer, for what happened on that night. I think we gave the right answer; "Ha, **** you, you Leicester pig dogs". Schnell, schnell."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757