Post Match Leicester 1 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody mentioned Mendy yet. I thought he was brilliant again today, and possibly my player of the season so far.
Spot on. He was outstanding. Looks to have lost abit of bulk to me. Moves very well around the pitch.

Seriously can’t see how we will be able to keep him beyond the end of the season.. very big vultures will be circling.
He clearly didn’t join us cause he loves Leicester, we are part of his steps to the top.
He might actually want to play in Europe

I think Justin deserves an incredible amount of credit. Played about 4 positions today at various points.

He has been massively important to this squad and given his age and experience he’s doing fantastically well.

Destined to be an unsung hero. I bet Rodgers loves him.

Justin was excellent today which is particularly great when you consider he was an absolute liability a few months back. More evidence of Rodgers getting improvement from players it seems. He does look more comfortable on the right...

A game desperately shott on quality all round - attacking prowess almost completely absent

We bossed the first half, but played far too deep for the amount of dominance we had.

Second half we were ****ed, and clung on for dear life

Given the amount of injuries we have, and the amount of games these lot have had to play, to win six on the bounce is simply extraordinary

Mendy and Fofana were nothing less than absolutely outstanding

Despite our celebrations we should all spare a thought for our dear friends down at Bottlingham Shitspur, who were top of the table for a mere couple of hours

Despite our celebrations we should all spare a thought for our dear friends down at Bottlingham Shitspur, who were top of the table for a mere couple of hours
Hey cut them some slack. It's the closest they've come to something they might call success in years.

Nobody mentioned Mendy yet. I thought he was brilliant again today, and possibly my player of the season so far.

If everyone was fit, it's pretty obvious that Castagne, Soyuncu and Ricardo come straight back in. The players that are covering their roles are doing great, but there is a clear class gap.

The biggest compliment I can give Mendy is that I'm not sure whether the same applies to Ndidi. And I rate Ndidi as the best shielding defensive midfielder in the PL.

Mendy is showing the sort of class and composure that I've only ever seen from Kante for us in that part of the side.

I think Justin deserves so much credit for what he’s done this season. He’s played left back, right wingback, left wingback, right sided centre half, and left sided centre half, and he’s done a decent job in all of them. Yes he’s had poor moments but he’s also had very good moments. He won’t, and shouldn’t, be involved in our first choice eleven, but a successful squad needs players like him.

If you’d told me after we lost to Utd last season that after our summer recruitment we would finish a game in the Premier League with Fuchs, Morgan, and Mendy, and even Albrighton playing, I’d have said we are in for a very very poor season.

Credit to every player in the squad, including Perez cos to be fair he did nothing wrong today.

A game desperately shott on quality all round - attacking prowess almost completely absent

We bossed the first half, but played far too deep for the amount of dominance we had.

Second half we were ****ed, and clung on for dear life

Given the amount of injuries we have, and the amount of games these lot have had to play, to win six on the bounce is simply extraordinary

Mendy and Fofana were nothing less than absolutely outstanding

spare a thought for our livestock molesting neighbours too, currently bottom of the Championship

Mendy was excellent but I do think over the past years he came in for some unfair criticism. He came in as the replacement for Kante, which was always going to be a virtually impossible job. He was almost immediately injured and then had to work under a succession of managers while recovering and trying to gain confidence.

Puel did the right thing in sending him out on loan to Nice, in the couple of games he played when he came back he never played badly but never set the world alight either. It's pretty obvious now that he needed regular game time, luckily Rodgers decided to keep him and we're now seeing the rewards.

Also am I correct in remembering that he was Ranieri's number one target before Walsh persuaded him to get Kante?

Mendy was excellent but I do think over the past years he came in for some unfair criticism. He came in as the replacement for Kante, which was always going to be a virtually impossible job. He was almost immediately injured and then had to work under a succession of managers while recovering and trying to gain confidence.

Puel did the right thing in sending him out on loan to Nice, in the couple of games he played when he came back he never played badly but never set the world alight either. It's pretty obvious now that he needed regular game time, luckily Rodgers decided to keep him and we're now seeing the rewards.

Also am I correct in remembering that he was Ranieri's number one target before Walsh persuaded him to get Kante?
Yep.

A great conclusion to a tough weeks football. 3 wins, 9 goals and just the one against. Can’t ask for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757