Post Match Leicester 2-0 Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly clawing our way up to the playoff spots.

Bristol absolutely must be put to the sword and then a tough away game at Reading.

A note on Dyer...I've been critical in the past but he is playing very well at the moment.

Fantastic to finally get that consecutive win hoodoo off our backs. Now we just need to add a couple more on to that for a bit of a run and we could start closing the gap. Still a long shot, but we can hope.

Need to sort the discipline problems out though.

Caller: "I don't think it was a red card"
RL: "How did you see it then"
Caller: "I dunno, I just heard it on the radio"

Great moment when Nige came out to hug Bruno Berner, I was glad to be there.

Convincing win without playing especially well.

Very average performance tbh and both goals against the run of play really though they never really threatened us apart from the penalty which never looked like a penalty from where I was though that was the opposite end. Same with the Konchesky red card as well but least we won!

We'll need to play a hell of a lot better than we did today though if we want to keep pushing up the table. SSL & Morgan top performers for me and have to give Kasper a mention for the penalty save, everyone else was a bit meh. Marshall still a bit dissapointing as don't think he's been able to beat his man yet a get a cross in though set piece delivery continues to be very impressive. Danns was poor compared to recent games too and looked to be a very poor penalty but as I said earlier, we won and got the 3 points so onwards & upwards!!

EDIT - Oh and can't not mention how bad Cov are. Worst team I've seen in the league as so many schoolboy errors and complete lack of attacking threat bar lauching it up to Platt who is pretty shit really - classic example of a player that became a pro just beacuse he is big!!

Last edited:
I noticed there's some La Manga ads up in the pissers....is this a joke?

Caller: "I don't think it was a red card"
RL: "How did you see it then"
Caller: "I dunno, I just heard it on the radio"

And that's one of them who actually knows how to use a telephone!

Chaventry good first ten minutes then we dominated the first half. Misses from Sledge and Marshall unbelievable and Danns peno was utter shite. Why not Beckford or Nuge from the spot? Should have been 4-0 up at HT. They came out much more with a purpose second half and we looked like we were going to concede. Excellent save from Kasper, sublime footwork from the front for goal number two. All in all thought we should have shafted them but for some 'unconfident' finishes ((Danns for instance had another 'sure thing' but went wide) We were good for the win and I think it may boost us for Tuesday. I predict another win away and we'll have 3 (4) on the trot wins.

Like Jenks I was surprised that Danns took the penalty. He is not a good kicker of the ball although he has other attributes. I would have expected Nugent to take it.

Coventry were poor and our centrebacks will face more difficult opponents but nevertheless Morgan and St Ledger were very good. Morgan is on his way to becom9ing a favourite of mine - and I would guess from the chants other fans as well.

I was surprised by Nigel's reaction to the second goal. He seemed more interested in rollocking Danns for something than celebrating.

In the BBC interview with Nigel he is diplomatic about he referee. During the match he shouted toward Mike Stowell "Where's the f_________ assessor when you need him." To be fair to Nigel he only gets angry when something happens in the game that he does not like; Mike Stowell is angry all the time.

There are some people who would always play two wingers; for me you should only do that if your wingers are outstanding. It is early days for Marshall and he is young but he seems to be finding it difficult to adjust to this level. I was pleased when Drinkwater came on and I would keep him in the team.

It was nice to see Schlupp back. One problem is that Nigel seems to always want to bring Howard on to protect him. Having used all three subs could have backfired as with Konchesky sent off Danns got injured and really needed to be replaced - I wondered at the time of his injury whether we would be down to nine men.

On a totally different issue from my previous post.

Like many supporters I got my love of football being taken to matches by my Dad - although in my case it was not Leicester.

If in the 1950s my Dad had witnessed the scenes outside the stadium he would not have thought in proper for a boy to see it. While waiting for the away fans to come out there were a large number of Leicester fans facing contorted with hate chanting at the gates the Coventry fans would come out from. These people do the future of football no good.

There is a tendency for fans to complain about isolated instances with the stewards or even the police. Perhaps we Leicester supporters should complain more about the unpleasant people within our own ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363