Post Match Leicester 2 AEK 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stroll in the King Power park. Luvly.

This is where it ramps up properly now. Nice easy games to get us into it and now we get to play some proper teams.

Under needs to have a chat with Maddison on taking corners nearly every one he took was dangerous tonight, we should have put them to the sword, group winners will do nicely.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy

They were shit, we were really good

Barnes, Under, Justin, Youri, Wilf all bang on the money

Every single corner was a threat

Swap Vardy for Nacho and then roll this lot out again because everything clicked

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy

They were shit, we were really good

Barnes, Under, Justin, Youri, Wilf all bang on the money

Every single corner was a threat

Swap Vardy for Nacho and then roll this lot out again because everything clicked
No chance BR will do that

Dull as ditch 2nd half but were never really troubled. Job done.

Would have liked another goal but can't have everything. Good to see Ndidi bossing as normal, Barnes putting in a MOM performance, Thomas looking confident.

They really didn't come out to play though. They could have faxed that performance in, whatever that means.

Who took our set pieces tonight?

Dull as ditch 2nd half but were never really troubled. Job done.

Would have liked another goal but can't have everything. Good to see Ndidi bossing as normal, Barnes putting in a MOM performance, Thomas looking confident.

They really didn't come out to play though. They could have faxed that performance in, whatever that means.
Mouthwatering result. Whatever the **** that means. I don’t know anyone that salivates at football.
Literally or metaphorically

Dear Brenda,

Please please please stick to 4 at the back, with our attacking wing play coming from quality direct players like Barnes and Ünder, rather than full backs converted to wing backs.

Please don’t let Maddison take another corner.

Do all that and you and I will get along just fine.

Love City Fan x

(Cue 5 at the back at home against Brighton, with Ünder back on the bench, Justin as the attacking option down the wing, and Maddison back on corners...)

AEK reminded me of Leicester playing at Old Trafford or Anfield.
I think City have played tougher matches against non-league opposition in cup competitions than AEK in the Europa last night. Still, pleased with the end result, even if our goals came from AEK's defensive blunders (comical clearnace smashed in by Under + big deflection from Barnes' strike). Let's hope we follow it up with a similar assertive performance against Brighton.

(Cue 5 at the back at home against Brighton, with Ünder back on the bench, Justin as the attacking option down the wing, and Maddison back on corners...)
If he persists with that shit rather than Under then he's not for me.

I think this means it’s 2002.
Ah yes, I remember it well. I guess the 2020 version would be to TikTok it in, or something similar.

Point being, I guess, that they really didn't give a tuppenny's, seemingly content to just have a bit of a kickabout and, hopefully, avoid being tonked. If they could have phoned in sick, they would have. Prestige European competition? I guess they earned some drachmas euros out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363