Post Match Leicester 2 bournemouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Maguire / Morgan discussion reminds me of the views of the fans who sat around me on Mahrez, on the run in to the title.

Whenever a match was close towards the end of a game, which was most weeks, the fans around me would slaughter Mahrez for not tracking back and implore Ranieri to get him off, only to sing his praises when he did something no one else was capable of.

Morgan is 100% a better DEFENDER than Maguire.

Agreed. What Wes lacks in pace, his experience and anticipation allows him to 'know' where an attacker and the ball are probably going to be, so he has it mostly covered.

Maguire bombing up the pitch reminds me of Sol Bamba, who was a joy to watch. Unfortunately if Chilwell and Ricardo have bombed up the pitch too, it is going to leave Wes exposed if Wilf is not covering back.

The Maguire / Morgan discussion reminds me of the views of the fans who sat around me on Mahrez, on the run in to the title.

Whenever a match was close towards the end of a game, which was most weeks, the fans around me would slaughter Mahrez for not tracking back and implore Ranieri to get him off, only to sing his praises when he did something no one else was capable of.

Except Mahrez wasn’t a central defender.

Anyhow, it's all academic really. Whichever you prefer I think one of Evans or Morgan will be dropped for Maguire and I do concede that this would be very unlucky and harsh on either one of them but that's football.

I'd still prefer Maguire to either of them however.

Maguire + Matt Mills + Sol Bamba = Complete Wibble
I thought after yesterday's ****ing madness of 'Ndidi better than Kante' and 'Maguire is like Mills' we would have calmed down today. Then I read that Maguire is now Bamba.

Top European clubs like ball playing defenders, I suppose on the premise that the more you attack the less you have to defend. An ability to contribute to attacks is sought after in modern defenders and Maguire is very good at this.

If you want a defender and nothing else then there a better defenders, but Maguire is a better player than any other defender we have and can contribute more to games overall. I think as we attack more under Rodgers his value will be more evident.

I think as we attack more under Rodgers his value will be more evident.

I think this is instrumental to the debate; what role do you want your central defenders to play? Both Maguire and Morgan have differing strengths and weaknesses, each exposed or excelling according to how you want them to play.

Without that consideration, you're comparing apples and oranges. Or horses and donkeys if that's more pertinent.

I remember Matt Mills and personally I'd prefer Harry Corbett.
I remember Harry Corbett and personally I prefer Harry H Corbett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758