Post Match Leicester 2 bournemouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
other than both being English and playing Centre back I don't see any similarity between Matt Mills and Harry Maguire

I thought after yesterday's ****ing madness of 'Ndidi better than Kante' and 'Maguire is like Mills' we would have calmed down today. Then I read that Maguire is now Bamba.

No. I did not say he was not any better than Bamba. I said he reminded me of Bamba, who also liked to carry the ball forward. My point was that can leave the other CB exposed if the 2 FBs have also gone forwards.

I'm setting up a support group for people affected by members of the forum that take a point completely out of context in order to rant against it.

I'd like to join please. I enjoy seeing different shades without having a burning desire to critique, just to appreciate perspective and not batter opinion into wrong.

I'm setting up a support group for people affected by members of the forum that take a point completely out of context in order to rant against it.
It’s more or less the tone of the forum now, most posts seem to be greeted with corrections, pisstaking and incredulity. I’m just as guilty as anyone so I’ve barely posted for a couple of months, doesn’t seem worth it especially as we’re doing well since Puel got sacked.

It’s more or less the tone of the forum now, most posts seem to be greeted with corrections, pisstaking and incredulity. I’m just as guilty as anyone so I’ve barely posted for a couple of months, doesn’t seem worth it especially as we’re doing well since Puel got sacked.

You're not just as guilty as anyone at all. I've missed your contributions.

It's not particular to this forum either. It's everywhere.

If it's a choice between rallying against it or submitting to it, I vote the former, although I concede that it's exhausting.

You're not just as guilty as anyone at all. I've missed your contributions.

If it's a choice between rallying against it or submitting to it, I vote the former, although I concede that it's exhausting.
Well for a good year or so I’ve not had much to say other than ‘I don’t like Puel and I’m not enjoying football at the moment’ so personally I don’t think that has put me in the mood to ‘yes and’ other posters, generally leading to sarcasm and whimsy on my part because I’m not very good at arguing a point. It’s not the same for everyone but the interactions I have online can put me in a bad mood, at that point I know it’s best for me to take a step back from it.

I deleted my Facebook account a few weeks ago because that place has become a toxic cesspit of bullying, racism, hysteria, SJW and virtue signalling. Fortunately this forum isn’t like that and it’s still a fun place on the whole and I’m fortunate in that I’m not so addicted to online persuits that I can’t take a step back, which I feel is best for me personally.

ROGERS in! (Obviously I still stalk the forum)

It's why I take a break from forums from time to time (and I don't take part in other forms of social media) It's simply too sapping for me to even read adversarial content, let alone get dragged into it. But that's my choice. I'd accept that maybe I'm not robust enough but neither do I like to simplify to binary options and take sides.

Now I genuinely don't know if it's a modern era thing or whether I'm getting old and it was ever thus, but it sometimes seems to me that there's a rush to be critical and call people out before, and in preference to, trying to understand and put into a perspective what is being said.

Edit: our posts crossed but...

the interactions I have online can put me in a bad mood, at that point I know it’s best for me to take a step back from it.

Ditto that.

...Now I genuinely don't know if it's a modern era thing or whether I'm getting old and it was ever thus, but it sometimes seems to me that there's a rush to be critical and call people out before, and in preference to, trying to understand and put into a perspective what is being said...

I think it's more to do with it being a written thing. In a forum such as this you lose the little nuances that can be picked up in face to face conversation, the intonation in the voice, the look in the eyes and often any slight humour that is conveyed. Without that there is often a lot of overreaction to what is being posted.

I think it's more to do with it being a written thing. In a forum such as this you lose the little nuances that can be picked up in face to face conversation, the intonation in the voice, the look in the eyes and often any slight humour that is conveyed. Without that there is often a lot of overreaction to what is being posted.
To be fair, there are a few on here that I don't think I'd like to look in the eye.

Ndidi was outstanding on Saturday and I am delighted to have him in my team. For that one season though, Kante was the best midfielder in the league (and is still one of them when played in his correct position). Ndidi has a way to go before he can claim that type of impact on the Premier League.

I disagree. It’s definitely a creeping into society thing and I think it’s largely due to being able to call people out on (for example) twitter, surrounding yourself with people who feel the same and know will back you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757