Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward looked okay, not much he could do with the goals, and I liked that he wasn't shy about letting the defence know when he wasn't happy with them.

For 60 minutes, we looked like a class above, we looked comfortable, composed and confident, but then it seemed like the energy went off a cliff, and we were late for everything. Not that the players weren't trying most of the time, just the fitness wasn't there and it was like we were chasing shadows. I don't think the players are fit enough yet.

This makes only using 1 substitute so baffling and bringing off the most energetic midfielder doubly so. I see the logic of bringing on Daka, trying to give them something to worry about on the counterattack, but certainly not for KDH. Personally, I think we needed some width at that point, their wing-backs were instrumental in pinning us back. If we had changed to a back four, brought on Praet to play on the left for Amartey, and moved Madison to the right, we could have seen out the game. Soumare for Tielemans might have helped the midfield battle too.
You’re talking nonsense mate. Our highly paid and highly respected coach knows best. Any of those changes you suggest would have cost us the win. You were clearly watching a different game to him.

We should've started two strikers.

But to take off one of the midfielders for a striker when 2-0 up is just bizarre.

The only logic could've been that he thought Brentford would step up more and give us more chances to stretch them with the pace of Daka and Vardy - but he didn't need to change that, that suggests we planned to drop deeper. No need. Just keep possession at 2-0!

Absolutely bizarre tactics.

I'm not in the Rodgers Out camp, but he can't be making shit decisions like that.
Perhaps he just read your advice at the wrong time.

I spent the first 65 minutes thinking how shit Brentford were and how they’re absolute relegation fodder. And then they got a draw against us. We’re gonna be in a relegation scrap this season if we’re not careful.

As for Rodgers, **** off you useless ****.
I think I agree you miserable twat.

The leads he's found a way to lose over the last few years is incredible,

Always a new, brain dead way to achieve it as well.

The key thing is that we always must adapt the way we play to deal with the threat of teams like Brentford.

This match review in the Times this morning is incredible! 12 mentions of how we didn't sign anyone, 1 mention of how many subs we used. Absolute garbage!

I cannot blame any of the players for yesterday's capitulation. Not even Amartey. They were running through treacle at the end and were simply thrown under the bus by their manager.

I'm still cross.

****ing Brendan, bastard, ****wit flapclown, dopeybollocks, Rodgers.

Why are our players so unfit?

I don't necessarily think they are. It was very hot and it was the first game. Most clubs made numerous substitutions to counteract this. We couldn't be arsed.
I think it's a bit of both, we seem to tire at the end of games way more than we used to.

I think it's a bit of both, we seem to tire at the end of games way more than we used to.
I agree, I think we looked unfit in the last 30 mins for most of last season as well.

Why are our players so unfit?

The one thing that was much improved yesterday was our aggressive retrieval of possession. For the first hour, as soon as we lost the ball, the players worked very well together to get it back.

I think this contributed to the massive drop off in energy because it's a difficult thing to sustain.

The one thing that was much improved yesterday was our aggressive retrieval of possession. For the first hour, as soon as we lost the ball, the players worked very well together to get it back.

I think this contributed to the massive drop off in energy because it's a difficult thing to sustain.
Which is why the absurd decision not to use all our subs while Brentford did is so unforgivable.

Just watched the 'highlights' of the game, Amartey had a mare for both goals particularly the second when he let's the attacker drift inside to the edge of the box, then just stops.

Just watched the 'highlights' of the game, Amartey had a mare for both goals particularly the second when he let's the attacker drift inside to the edge of the box, then just stops.
He’s massively at fault for both. The first is a masterclass in poor defending.

Yep, all whilst Soyuncu sits on the bench.

If he doesn’t fancy Soyuncu either he should have played with a back 4.

Which is why the absurd decision not to use all our subs while Brentford did is so unforgivable.
Didn’t even chuck Iheanacho or Perez on when we conceded.

The useless **** just stood there and did **** all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263