Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
First win at home since 1984... I’ll take it.

All joking aside, we needed a win. Not a great performance, defence really does look a mess and we still squander opportunities. So much potential in the team, so while Rogers has a lot of work to do, he does inherit a decent side.

Watford will be a huge test, they’re really flying. Top half finish is very possible, but we need to learn to defend better. Brighton were poor... a little more quality and they’d have got something from that.

Some excellent stuff, some tripe. Maddison great in patches, naive in others. Gray excellent in patches and quiet in others. Defensively shakey, especially down the left where Chilwell looked poor for large parts of the game even though he looked okay going forward. Tielemans couldn't get into the game really and just looked a bit lost at times although he was certainly trying to make things happen. I thought Vardy ran his socks off and deserved his goal.

Ricardo was great again and Barnes is going to be a superstar.

I thought Gray, Maddison and Vardy were largely poor.
Barnes and Evans good.
The rest okay(ish).

Brighton hopeless in front of goal otherwise we would have squandered that.

Thankful that we scored first.

Big up to Maguire with his stepovers changed the atmosphere.

First win at home since 1984... I’ll take it.

All joking aside, we needed a win. Not a great performance, defence really does look a mess and we still squander opportunities. So much potential in the team, so while Rogers has a lot of work to do, he does inherit a decent side.

Watford will be a huge test, they’re really flying. Top half finish is very possible, but we need to learn to defend better. Brighton were poor... a little more quality and they’d have got something from that.
A little more qualiteeeee :icon wink:

Great to get to win but let's be honest, Brighton had more than enough chances to get a point at least and possibly win it.

Pleased to see Gray get another goal with a really calm finish and he had a really good game too.

Classic from Vardiniho too!

Barnes' performance deserved a goal but that won't be far off if he keeps playing like that!

No obvious sudden change as a result of Puel's departure though but hopefully Rogers can inject that as we will need to be better than that to get anything from Watford.

I thought Brighton we're well worth a point and was impressed by there energy if not there quality in the last third.

Barnes was excellent. You can see he needs to improve a few aspects of his game. But what a player he could be.

Good goal by Gray.

Vardy poor.

And scoring two at home.
And Vardy scoring from open play.
And scoring a goal from open play in the first half.

Otherwise identical.

Same team
Same systen

The main difference was we had a bit of luck in that they missed a few real good chances whereas before teams seemed to be scoring their only chance against us.

The actual performance was probably worse than recent but we got result which is the main thing.

I'm not disappointed before you chuck that at me, just highlighting facts.

I thought Brighton we're well worth a point and was impressed by there energy if not there quality in the last third.

Barnes was excellent. You can see he needs to improve a few aspects of his game. But what a player he could be.

Good goal by Gray.

Vardy poor.

Brace yourself!!

We scored first by creating and scoring an excellent chance and it meant they chased the game.

We should all know how much teams tend to snatch and chase at things when they are a goal down.

They certainly had chances and our back four still only had one defender in it. But scoring first made that game so much easier than it has been all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757