Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many have pointed out a rather patchy performance but - Two decent goals.
Loved it when Harry 'Slabhead' Maguire suddenly thought he was Harry 'Mahrez' Maguire and dribbled his way through their defence!

Anyone got a clip of Harry pretending he is Messi?

It’s a funny old game as they say, lots of enthusiasm, a few bits of quality and luck, and we won a game we could have easily lost. We have played better this season and lost.

Great to see us score the first goal, excellent pass from Tielemans and good finish from Gray, after Brighton gave the ball away in a critical area. Just the sort of goal we have conceded to often this season.

With Brighton forced to open up I would have liked to see us pull clear with a bit more attacking fluency but you can’t have everything.

Thought we were hanging on a little in phases of the game due to our inability to pass the ball, retain possession and set the tempo, but hopefully the win will help build a little bit of confidence.

Really looking forward to the team that Rogers puts out against Watford, especially the midfield as this is where we win or lose games for me. If we give them too much time on the ball in midfield and let them pass through us on Sunday we will lose, if we can stop them and hit them on the break we could win.

It’s a funny old game as they say, lots of enthusiasm, a few bits of quality and luck, and we won a game we could have easily lost. We have played better this season and lost.

Great to see us score the first goal, excellent pass from Tielemans and good finish from Gray, after Brighton gave the ball away in a critical area. Just the sort of goal we have conceded to often this season.

With Brighton forced to open up I would have liked to see us pull clear with a bit more attacking fluency but you can’t have everything.

Thought we were hanging on a little in phases of the game due to our inability to pass the ball, retain possession and set the tempo, but hopefully the win will help build a little bit of confidence.

Really looking forward to the team that Rogers puts out against Watford, especially the midfield as this is where we win or lose games for me. If we give them too much time on the ball in midfield and let them pass through us on Sunday we will lose, if we can stop them and hit them on the break we could win.
Rodgers.

A few games ago , Puel didn't start with Vardy up front.
The first half showed why.
Next season, Vardy will be one hell of a sub to bring on after 60 minutes.
He still has a future for us, but I personally believe, not as a starter.
We'll see.
so we will be buying a Striker to phase out Vardy? we certainly have no one of his ability in the squad at present

so we will be buying a Striker to phase out Vardy? we certainly have no one of his ability in the squad at present
JV is certainly a 1 off.
If he was 5 years younger, I'd say let's build a team around him, however, that's not the case, and there is no direct replacement in the club, that I know of, so, i guess that means bringing in a new striker.
Let's see what the new gaffer has install for us :)

JV is certainly a 1 off.
If he was 5 years younger, I'd say let's build a team around him, however, that's not the case, and there is no direct replacement in the club, that I know of, so, i guess that means bringing in a new striker.
Let's see what the new gaffer has install for us :)
get Che Adams in long term successor and a wing option in the meantime

I suspect Rodgers can't feckin' wait to get working with someone as potentially dynamic as Vardy, and getting the very best out of him for a couple more years at least.
He'll know what he's got, and it's pretty feckin' good if it's used correctly

Pretty sure he will also be into the market for a partner/second string, as the backups we currently have are complete dross - someone who can maybe replace him as first choice longer term

Walking out of West Brom last year, after Vardy scored one of the best goals I have ever seen us score, I commented to my mate that Vardy was the best striker I had seen in a Leicester shirt, looking back on over 40 years.

A year on and I have to say I have been disappointed with Vardy this season, as he has struggled to modify his game to suit a more possession based style.

I think Rodgers will attempt to involve Vardy more by encouraging the team to look for the quick break when it is on, but I also think he will want to maintain possession and build play when teams sit back and eliminate the space that he thrives on, and he will therefore need Vardy to adapt and play a greater part in linking play.

If he does he can become a 20 goal a season striker again, if he doesn't I think Rodgers will bring in someone to compete with him.

Walking out of West Brom last year, after Vardy scored one of the best goals I have ever seen us score, I commented to my mate that Vardy was the best striker I had seen in a Leicester shirt, looking back on over 40 years.

A year on and I have to say I have been disappointed with Vardy this season, as he has struggled to modify his game to suit a more possession based style.

I think Rodgers will attempt to involve Vardy more by encouraging the team to look for the quick break when it is on, but I also think he will want to maintain possession and build play when teams sit back and eliminate the space that he thrives on, and he will therefore need Vardy to adapt and play a greater part in linking play.

If he does he can become a 20 goal a season striker again, if he doesn't I think Rodgers will bring in someone to compete with him.
I hope Brendan will galvanise Nacho into becoming a prolific goal scorer.

Like any striker Simon, Vardy thrives on service and confidence.

Give him the ball and time and time again he has shown he knows where the goal is.

While he is banging them in we would be thick as pig shit to marginalise him in any way.

Like any striker Simon, Vardy thrives on service and confidence.

Give him the ball and time and time again he has shown he knows where the goal is.

While he is banging them in we would be thick as pig shit to marginalise him in any way.

100% and also ‘this’.

Rolf to any suggestion he shouldn’t start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757