Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Barnes scored, so fair enough for that, but in the latter stages, when he was bringing Maddison on, why take off KDH and the energy he has? Simple solution was surely to take Barnes off, push KDH to the left and Maddison slots into the middle. At least that way, with us playing on the back foot, KDH would have been much more help to Thomas down that side of the pitch?

Presumably because Dewsbury-Hall is just back from injury so they didn't think it would be smart to leave him on for the 90 mins.

There are loads of times when the changes made by Rodgers make no sense. Today was not one of those days. They were all the right decisions (ish).

Presumably because Dewsbury-Hall is just back from injury so they didn't think it would be smart to leave him on for the 90 mins.

There are loads of times when the changes made by Rodgers make no sense. Today was not one of those days. They were all the right decisions (ish).

There was no reason whatsoever to bring on Maddison and take off KDH.
Things were working fine until that change was made

There is never, ever a reason to bring on Patson Daka. He is a dreadful player. Vardy was on his knees but he was the very front shield in our deep block and this was working fairly well. When he went off we lost this completely as Daka charges around like a headless chicken

I know Barnes scored, so fair enough for that, but in the latter stages, when he was bringing Maddison on, why take off KDH and the energy he has? Simple solution was surely to take Barnes off, push KDH to the left and Maddison slots into the middle. At least that way, with us playing on the back foot, KDH would have been much more help to Thomas down that side of the pitch?
Because he's been injured and managing his return...

Justified by us conceding on 88 minutes.

The Vardy change was ****ing stupid.

The tactic of sitting back and trying to defend a one goal lead when the world and his wife knows we’re not good enough to do that was more egregious than any of the substitution decisions.

BR's changes (bar injuries) are all pre planned down to the minute. Doesn't matter what is happening on the pitch.

Anything interesting happen when Stowell got booked? Couldn't really tell from where I was.

I do get that, it just feels a bit daft to me leaving Barnes on. He wasn’t offering much going forward and he certainly wasn’t helping Thomas on a defensive front.

Anything interesting happen when Stowell got booked? Couldn't really tell from where I was.
Handbags with one of the Brighton coaches. Fourth official called ref over.

We lost 6 something to them last time out.
They're a good side and albeit we should've won, we've managed to get our first ppint 5 matches - lots of positives. We build from here.

How was Maddison when he came on?

Just saw their equaliser. Are people really trying to pin that all on Daka/Rodgers for bringing Daka on?!

Yes, Daka lost the ball. But **** me, there were plenty of other mistakes after that. Youri barely put a challenge in when he could've had it near the edge of the box, Amartey kicked it about 3 foot forwards when it fell to him instead of hoofing it away, Albrighton was too weak in a challenge after that, Tielemans again out wide did next to nothing to stop the cross coming in, and then somehow our 2 centre backs and Mendy all in the box got nowhere near the 1 Brighton player in the area who's had a free header from 15 yards out, which alright went in off the post but had so little pace on it that if Danny Ward didn't have the reactions of a dead sloth he could've just wandered over and picked it up.

But yes, all down to Daka and Rodgers.

It was so, so soft all around and about half our team had the chance to do something about it.

He been ripping it up for them for a good few weeks now.

Only cost them £2-3 million too - their scouting is incredible right now.

Just saw their equaliser. Are people really trying to pin that all on Daka/Rodgers for bringing Daka on?!

Yes, Daka lost the ball. But **** me, there were plenty of other mistakes after that. Youri barely put a challenge in when he could've had it near the edge of the box, Amartey kicked it about 3 foot forwards when it fell to him instead of hoofing it away, Albrighton was too weak in a challenge after that, Tielemans again out wide did next to nothing to stop the cross coming in, and then somehow our 2 centre backs and Mendy all in the box got nowhere near the 1 Brighton player in the area who's had a free header from 15 yards out, which alright went in off the post but had so little pace on it that if Danny Ward didn't have the reactions of a dead sloth he could've just wandered over and picked it up.

But yes, all down to Daka and Rodgers.

It was so, so soft all around and about half our team had the chance to do something about it.
If we don't take off Vardy for Daka, that equaliser doesn't happen. Blaming Ward is ****ing ludicrous but par for the course.

Yes, stuff happened after Daka pretended he knew what he was doing but Vardy doesn't lose the ball there. Simple.

It was a completely pointless, unnecessary change which had an immediate impact. Unfortunately, it wasn't the positive impact Rodgers was aiming for. It was Brighton's best tactical change of the game.

Surprised how positive the views are in this thread. I don't disagree with the assessments of the game, but it's shocking that no one has mentioned the chances Brighton missed. They should have had at least two easy goals and the fact they didn't is nothing to do with how we played.

Surprised how positive the views are in this thread. I don't disagree with the assessments of the game, but it's shocking that no one has mentioned the chances Brighton missed. They should have had at least two easy goals and the fact they didn't is nothing to do with how we played.
Absolutely, they fluffed at least two sitters. I thought we were very fortunate to be ahead. Gutting to drop 2 points at the end but this isn’t the only game this year we’ve pissed away points.

I’ll take the point as a positive and pray the teams below us continue to be a little shitter than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757