Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. I’ve just watched the highlights and that equaliser was dreadful. I agree with whoever said all the blame can’t be put on Daka, awful as his pass was that should still have been defended and certainly shouldn’t have been given a free header.

And the stat on MOTD, just wow.

Points lost from winning positions
LCFC 19
Everton 13
Leeds 13
Wolves 13
Forest 12
Bournemouth 12.

And over the last two seasons it must just be dire

Oh dear. I’ve just watched the highlights and that equaliser was dreadful. I agree with whoever said all the blame can’t be put on Daka, awful as his pass was that should still have been defended and certainly shouldn’t have been given a free header.
By the time four other horrible errors had been made, I’d forgotten Daka‘s involvement. Worst by far was Amartey being wildly out of position. Clueless, braindead, absolute shite defender.

As with almost all of the goals that we concede, there are multiple individual errors and/or a massive collective failure.

Daka was a twat for not clearing the ball upfield. But after that, any one of a number of players could have done their job and we wouldn’t have conceded.

The amount of times you watch us play and nobody is anywhere near the opposition’s one striker is ****ing insane. The Mitrovic goal springs to mind immediately.

Decent analysis on MOTD showing how first Vardy and then Daka defending deep meant we had no outlet to send the ball up to which just added to the pressure. So Daka had no one to send the ball up to.

A plan B and someone to hold up the ball would help.
That was totally the wrong tactic implemented by our fraud of a manager. But still, in that instance yin get the ball as far away from the goal as possible.

I mean Rodgers is a fraud but those saying Vardy should have stayed on are out of their minds.

He was garbage, all game long and we were crying out for some fresh legs further up the pitch.

Sadly those legs belong to a player who is nowhere near the level required

Shrug. I thought Vardy played pretty well.

He did exactly what he was told to do, and did it very well indeed

He was absolutely ****ed after seventy minutes, though - but even if he’d snapped both his legs in half, he was a better bet than Daka

Ings or Wood would have been excellent replacements for that last twenty minutes, but we didn’t bother with either of them

He did exactly what he was told to do, and did it very well indeed

He was absolutely ****ed after seventy minutes, though - but even if he’d snapped both his legs in half, he was a better bet than Daka

Ings or Wood would have been excellent replacements for that last twenty minutes, but we didn’t bother with either of them
They would have been useless replacements too as Dickhead would have instructed them to play as an 11th defender and.mot to stay up front and hold the ball up and stretch the game.

The substitution did not cost us the game. Whether or not he played well is a matter of opinion. But he was clearly flagging and needed to be replaced. And bringing in a pacy striker made sense in theory, if we had then adapted our tactics as every single person watching the game expected us to do. But we didn’t. Which is why we continued to give Brighton the freedom of the pitch and ultimately why we conceded.

Chris Wood - we have enough non-goalscoring strikers in the squad already

Danny Ings - we have enough injury-prone players in the squad already. And while he may stay fit for West Ham for the rest of the season, you know he’d aggravate an old injury in his first game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757