Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soyuncu didn’t get off the ground, and Evans was a mile away

Both of them fecked up big time
my thoughts as well, that cross was the equivalent of a 40 yard pot shot, you think "go on then do it, that's not going to cause a problem"

my thoughts as well, that cross was the equivalent of a 40 yard pot shot, you think "go on then do it, that's not going to cause a problem"

I’m not excusing the complete failure to close down the player and prevent the cross coming in.

Stop the cross and there’s nothing for the centre backs to do - basic job for a full back, and he failed

I’m not excusing the complete failure to close down the player and prevent the cross coming in.

Stop the cross and there’s nothing for the centre backs to do - basic job for a full back, and he failed
he was caught between 2 jobs with his winger absent so ended up doing neither job as he was worried about a ball o the full back into what would have been an acre of space, Barnes gets back Chilwell can then decide whether he's getting back into position or closing down the man, he could have done better yes but it's not a simple as some are making it out to be.

Put it this way, I don't think that goal happens if Albrighton we playing left wing

What are you all on about - Albrighton would have been where Barnes was

Watch the goal again - we are collectively drawing back to defend, Ndidi spots the danger and tells Chilwell to close him down. He doesn’t, he ambles along and lets him gets a cross in - it’s his job, not the left sided attacking midfielder FFS , and he failed to do it

No need to hang him for it, but please don’t make up a load of total nonsense to pretend he didn’t feck it up. He clearly did, as did Söyüncü, as did Evans - and Schmeichel didn’t cover himself in glory either

It was also a beautiful cross and a great header

Actually, I thought Wood gave Evans and Soyuncu a really tough afternoon.

He won every single header against Soyuncu. Luckily there was usually no one within twenty yards of him to make it count

(re VAR)
I prefer correct decisions.
I was about to ask you what you thought of the two VAR decisions at Rootering yesterday but the see you have pre-empted my question elsewhere. No surprise though that those decisions favoured the 'big club'; plus la change... etc.

Hopefully Sheffield Utd beat the Gooners tonight! Back to the game I think a draw was a fair result although I did not see too much creativity on the side of Burnley I still think they will be up there in the top 8 come the end of the season.

I thought Barnes had a poor first half although his cross was sublime not sure he has nailed down that spot yet. Teilemans has taken his time to get up to full speed but he is starting to boss things and long may it continue.

Having watched the goals again: -
For their goal, Ben Chilwell was far too slow getting to McNeill. Nothing to do with who was playing in front of him. Ben has the pace to close their player down before he crosses.
Give Wood credit, he placed himself well between Cags and Johny Evans.
Kasper may have done better, but he looked bloody shocked that the ball had actually been crossed.

As for the VAR goal/no goal. The foul that Wood committed on JE, was very similar to what Maguire [remember him?], got sent off for at their place. Absolutely no malice, no intention, but still a foul.

Youri's goal, I thought he'd skied it at first!

Having watched the goals again: -
For their goal, Ben Chilwell was far too slow getting to McNeill. Nothing to do with who was playing in front of him. Ben has the pace to close their player down before he crosses.
Give Wood credit, he placed himself well between Cags and Johny Evans.
Kasper may have done better, but he looked bloody shocked that the ball had actually been crossed.

As for the VAR goal/no goal. The foul that Wood committed on JE, was very similar to what Maguire [remember him?], got sent off for at their place. Absolutely no malice, no intention, but still a foul.

Youri's goal, I thought he'd skied it at first!

Agree with all of that.

Yep. Good but of management. Could see us spending big in January there.
It was blindingly obvious we needed to in the summer but we just didn’t. It’s definitely our weakest area of the team. We have four good players in that position, but not good enough if we are serious about breaking into that top 4-6.

I like that from Rodgers. Challenging the players to do more, but suggesting we won’t hang about if they can’t step up.

It was blindingly obvious we needed to in the summer but we just didn’t. It’s definitely our weakest area of the team. We have four good players in that position, but not good enough if we are serious about breaking into that top 4-6.
technically we did, on Perez, the problem is who do you get, Zaha would be perfect but they'd what for him what we'd want for Maddison so it's not going to happen, I'd like someone like Shaqiri after he recovers from his injury at Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757