Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what...Frank has made an absolute shambles out of that lot.

Not to undercut what we did tonight, we were absolutely excellent to a man. But the larger story has to be just how catastrophic that was from Chelsea.

As for us, I just can't watch us without being completely mesmerized by Ndidi. He's the best in the world in that position. Just peerless. They were all brilliant but he is absolutely world class.

halfway...top of the league.

Invincible Liverpool shit for the last 5 games.

Man U unbelievably lucky for the past 6 weeks.

Players coming back from injury.

We're actually getting better after Xmas, opposite of last season.

We ****ing couldn't could we?

Of course, if we did it would be because of the "unique circumstances" & a total fluke (just like last time)

We wouldn't give a ****.

PL & Europa double? Why the **** not?

This is doable.

****ing hell...if we'd only beaten the Hammers, Fulham & Villa...

EDIT: PL, Europa & FA Cup treble

We're already guaranteed to be the first generation of City fans ever to die happy. Let's put the cherry on top.

Unbelievable. On to the FA Cup with confidence.
Hard to pick out individuals it was a team performance where we were better than them all over the pitch.
Fofana, Castagne and Justin though for me came back from a tricky game v Southampton and played brilliantly.
I'm used to wilf, tielemans and maddison being exceptional but when they have that defence behind them, with Cags, Ricardo, Fuchs and Thomas all capable to step in then its hard to see us being beaten too often for the rest of the season.
Literally our only weakness is strength in depth up front.

Hopefully Top gets the monks in to bless our set piece defending soon though. Kolo is not earning his bunts on that front.

I'd bring Cags, Ricardo, Fuchs, Perez, Under in for the Brentford game but we can't take them too lightly as they're basically a Premier League side.

Not to undercut what we did tonight, we were absolutely excellent to a man. But the larger story has to be just how catastrophic that was from Chelsea.

**** him - he genuinely plucks names out of a hat and sticks them together. Different team every week and they’re all shit.
They don’t have a style, they don’t have a plan, they don’t have any concept of teamwork whatsoever.

Hes a big fat ****ing clueless idiot

"Leicester have outworked Chelsea, and that should never happen in a football game". Lovely stuff from Redknapp

Maddison is pure quality. There’s something about how he presents himself that is different to the average footballer. He’s got a hell of a career ahead of him in and out of football.

I love him talking about his influences and where he learns from too - mentioned Lampard tonight. Mentioned Andriy Arshavin scoring a similar goal to his the other day. To use a bit of an old phrase, he's clearly a "student of the game" and seems to really know what he wants to achieve on the page.

I enjoyed his honesty and slight arrogance too in saying "I want goals and assists, I want people talking about me" - they will be, and I like seeing that attitude. We've needed a bit of that in our team. We've all said before we've had a bit too much of a nice team and too many shy and retiring types.

As for us, I just can't watch us without being completely mesmerized by Ndidi. He's the best in the world in that position. Just peerless. They were all brilliant but he is absolutely world class.
I've been very hesitant to come right out & say it but i will now.

He's better than Kante.

Kante's impact was more immediate but Wilf has grown into a masterful player more slowly. We need him nailed down to the most eye watering contract with the most ludicrous minimum sale figure imaginable ASAP.

Still only 24. Nowhere near his best potentially.

Get it done.

For all his praise of Chelsea, Redknall has just said Fofana will become the most expensive defender in the world in the next few years and will be the best in Europe in the future.

Hard to argue with that on evidence so far

Chilwell was pants.

Redknapp already trying to sell Fofana to someone else. Maybe he could go to the top club in England.... Oh wait....

I've been very hesitant to come right out & say it but i will now.

He's better than Kante.

Kante's impact was more immediate but Wilf has grown into a masterful player more slowly. We need him nailed down to the most eye watering contract with the most ludicrous minimum sale figure imaginable ASAP.

Still only 24. Nowhere near his best potentially.

Get it done.

Up until recently I'd laugh at anyone suggesting Ndidi gets close to Kante

But since return to full fitness he's been outstanding. But I think it's also partly that I didn't realise how much he adds to the team until he was back in it.

I think Wilf is now ahead of Kante.

Whether he's better than Kante was in THAT season, I still think its hard to say. But I will say that the Wilf of 2020/21 is better than the current Kante

& I'll just add a word for Justin.

Didn't look a Prem player until the last 2 months but is improving every game now virtually. Both ends of the pitch. We may well have another gem there.
Looks an international player to me. Incredible development.

'We're not at the top of the league by fluke'​

FT: Leicester 2-0 Chelsea
8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City
Leicester's James Maddison speaking to Sky Sports: "Sounds nice to say we're top of the league - probably for about 24 hours but it's a good one psychologically because we've worked really hard.It's a great achievement for us and I don't think you'll see a better team performance from us this season. It had a bit of everything, bit of tactical nous, I thought we were brilliant today. Credit to the manager as well - we switched to a 4-4-2 out of possession at half-time and just little things like that helped and we deserved the three points.

"You don't play for Brendan Rodgers if you don't do dirty work - he always reiterates that it is a running game and you can't have passengers or carry anyone in this league. If we want to stay up there for the rest of the season there might be teams that can spend more money than us but that team spirit will keep building to try and keep us up there."

"I've been working on my game, improving. The game we played against Sheffield United and I watched the game back and Jamie Carragher said I need to get my numbers up if I want to be talked about in regards to the England squad or progression and I sat down with the manager and the analyst and looked where we can get more goals and playing a bit deeper and getting beyond the last line, it's not easy but that's what I did today. I drifted on to the back-line. I want to keep improving my goals. I want people talking about me so I want to add that more to my game."

"You can get sidetracked, we are top at the minute because we don't think like that. The most important game is the next game, as cliche as it is that's how we have to work because we have that mentality. We're at the top of the league because we work hard we're not there by fluke. We'll do our business in the background, let them talk about Liverpool, Man United and Spurs, we'll just keep doing what we're doing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363