Post Match Leicester 2 Manchester United 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray and Slimani not in consideration at all and they’ll be protected to ensure a move in Jan if possible. Right call.

Under is a weird one. Especially when we had two left backs and two defensive midfielders on the bench.

BR said that Under felt his hamstring was tight in training yesterday so wasn't included. A scan hasn't shown anything problematic though so he may be available for Monday.

I’m doubly glad Arsenal beat Chelsea, if they had lost there would have been more hype about Rodgers.

****sake, why do commentators need a gimmick now?
Fun? Light-heartedness? Entertainment?

Of all the shit in 2020 to have happened, this is a gripe not really worth having. I'm all for this kind of stuff rather than listening to the likes of Hoddle and Co or our dear old Stringer and their insipid nonsense week in week out.

Fun? Light-heartedness? Entertainment?

Of all the shit in 2020 to have happened, this is a gripe not really worth having. I'm all for this kind of stuff rather than listening to the likes of Hoddle and Co or our dear old Stringer and their insipid nonsense week in week out.
that's not the worst but you are there to commentate on the game if you can do so in a more fun way great but far more often then not its clearly forced and they are looking to get their lines in and have a predetermined narrative that they stick to, Martin Tyler is the worst.

The greatest pieces of commentary we all remember weren't gimmicked catchphrases they were off the cuff and fitted the pictures we were seeing perfectly, how about they do that instead?

The fouls/cards issue we're on the receiving end of is starting to infuriate me.

Only Liverpool have committed fewer fouls than us this season - we both commit on average just under 10 per match.

However, we are top of the table for yellow cards. Liverpool have 10 yellows this season from virtually the same number of fouls/matches. We have 32.

Against Man Utd was a familiar example. We commit 10 fouls and get two yellow cards. Man Utd commit 17 fouls and get one yellow. That's pretty much exactly how most matches seem to go.

The reason we can be rightly angry at Fernandes getting away with making four fouls in the game and only getting one yellow is our experience of committing similar fouls and getting yellows for them all season.

Earlier in the season, you could perhaps explain this as a freak situation but there have been too many occasions now. We are either a bad fouling team or referees have it in for us.

The fouls/cards issue we're on the receiving end of is starting to infuriate me.

Only Liverpool have committed fewer fouls than us this season - we both commit on average just under 10 per match.

However, we are top of the table for yellow cards. Liverpool have 10 yellows this season from virtually the same number of fouls/matches. We have 32.

Against Man Utd was a familiar example. We commit 10 fouls and get two yellow cards. Man Utd commit 17 fouls and get one yellow. That's pretty much exactly how most matches seem to go.

The reason we can be rightly angry at Fernandes getting away with making four fouls in the game and only getting one yellow is our experience of committing similar fouls and getting yellows for them all season.

Earlier in the season, you could perhaps explain this as a freak situation but there have been too many occasions now. We are either a bad fouling team or referees have it in for us.
I don't think they have it in for us, so much as the other big teams get away with it more. I'd be interested to see how many yellow cards have been given against their opposition as opposed to for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263