Post Match Leicester 2 Napoli 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daka is a young lad who has come in from a league that is orders of magnitude below Prem standard. So I'll give him a fair whack to prove himself.

Also worth remembering that Vardy looked utterly useless in his first season for us.
I distinctly remember people on here saying he should be nowhere near the first team.

He was underwhelming in his first Prem season too. Basically it took him a full season to adapt to the step up in standard each time. I'm happy to be patient. If this turns out to be Vardy's last season we'll need other options next time around so it's cross your fingers time that we'll have one ready. Unfortunately that means giving Daka plenty of game time & if he's not brilliant straight away he'll be slaughtered on here & elsewhere. Difficult times.

It's pretty obvious that a decade from now when the dust settles on this period in the club's history it'll be known as the Vardy era. How can it not? It also means that they'll probably be writing about the impossible task faced by a succession of players who were viewed as his replacement & all failed. We need to make sure that doesn't happen by not even trying to replace him & making sure we remake ourselves as a team that shares the goals around more. Otherwise we'll piss money up the wall looking for a saviour who isn't out there.

As an afterthought, I remember us almost selling Lineker to Cov. Thankfully it wasn't considered for long but when it was I knew people who were actually in favour.

In particular one guy springs to mind who reckoned if we sold him we'd have "had Cov's knickers right down" As Sir Gary "can't stay on his ****ing feet & ain't good enough for the top division"

That was my mate Dave. I think he went on to be a technical advisor to the FA in the late 80s :043: :043::043:

Daka will probably need a lot of time. Full season at least.

Rodgers has also said himself in the summer that Daka is one for the future more than for this season.

If any our fans start getting on his back after one or two games then they really are shitheads.

I get that. But I still struggle to comprehend how we can be in a position to spend big money on players for the future, whilst still having Ayoze Perez as our first choice right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263