Post Match Leicester 2 Napoli 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s frustrating to concede a 2 goal lead but quite a few positives out of the game too.

Daka looked a threat and will be a great alternative to Vardy.

Soumare grew into the game.

90 minutes under belt for Vestergaard and Bertrand.

Barnes looked more lively than he has for some time.

Nacho surely starts now.

I thought Castagne played well too.

God bless you, but after the first ten minutes we were totally outclassed

Apart from Castagne we were a complete ****ing shower at the back. Chance after chance after chance - and what the blue blazing **** was Vestergaard doing for that first goal. ****ing awful, as was our embarrassingly shit efforts to play out from the back. What a complete ****ing shitshow we are this season

Soumare was total bobbins in that first half, but just when he was playing himself into it he hoiks him off the pitch. WTF. Wasn’t impressed with Daka either

But, **** me, what the **** has happened to Youri Tielemans ? Absolute ****ing shambles of a performance, but people on here are criticising Maddison ? What the **** is up with you ?

We‘ve ****ed this whole thing up again, big time

Oh, and Soyuncu

Holy sweet baba Jebus, what the **** is up with him ?

A bit dramatic, I dare say. We just drew with Napoli after fielding a much changed team. They’ve got some world class players in that side.

The issues are obvious.

Tielemans has played too much football and needs a break.

The Fofana injury has had a knock on effect that has disrupted our back four, which was already struggling with injuries. Soyuncu is missing his usual partners and badly suffering for it.

Barnes is still working his way back from a pretty serious injury.

Our new signings will take some time to bed in. That’s entirely normal.

The only thing I don't have an answer for is the form of Maddison. He just looks miles off it and he’s such a wonderful and impactful player when he’s on form. Here’s hoping he finds it.

I’m still pretty confident that this team is still finding itself. Not concerned at all. We are picking up positive results without really getting going.

A negative result against Brighton might give me more pause, but I’m just nowhere near panic stations.

Maddison was excellent when he came on. Seriously, any criticism of him is ****ing daft.

Daka was a shambles from start to finish and both Soumare and Iheanacho were utter, utter shit in the first half. Soumare got a little bit better in the second half and Iheanacho got a lot better. We gave him little to feed on.

Our best player by a country mile in the first half was Perez. He was rewarded by being hauled off at HT. Vestergaard looked great until the brain next to him was taken off at half time then both CBs looked ****ing clueless. We need Evans fit or we are royally knackered.

Tielemans is still thinking about which CL club to join because he sure as shit isn't thinking about playing for us right now.

Rodgers doesn't get a pass from me. His substitutions were ****ing bizarre and made no sense whatsoever given the context of the match.

Schmeichel, Barnes and Castagne get a 'good' from me tonight. Iheanacho gets an 'okay' for his second half performance. The rest of them get a '**** off'.

Should have seen it out in the circumstances. All a bit sloppy.

Vestergaard was weak for their first and Bertrand too knackered to block the cross for the equaliser.

I thought Daka was some way short of the required standard.

I didn't get the changes.

Has BR given his wanky philosophical bullshit reason for some of the changes?

He's a joke when it comes to closing games out.

Has BR given his wanky philosophical bullshit reason for some of the changes?

He's a joke when it comes to closing games out.

Well I think that's a load of rubbish.

I'm pretty sure we're better at closing games out than we've ever been.

****ing awful, as was our embarrassingly shit efforts to play out from the back.
We've been trying this 'tactic' for nearly a year now - we rarely get to to play it 'out' beyond the half way line at all - only sideways or backwards. We haven't mastered it and worse still- BR and defenders haven't yet learnt that it doesn't work for us .
However entertaining it is for pundits and opposition fans waiting for us to stuff up a simple pass and lose possession, we must move the ball forward much quicker - or try something else

We've been trying this 'tactic' for nearly a year now - we rarely get to to play it 'out' beyond the half way line at all - only sideways or backwards. We haven't mastered it and worse still- BR and defenders haven't yet learnt that it doesn't work for us .
However entertaining it is for pundits and opposition fans waiting for us to stuff up a simple pass and lose possession, we must move the ball forward much quicker - or try something else
Yet somehow we did enough to be the third highest scorers in the league, last year.

Last season is now irrelevant. We are the worst team in the league on chances created so far this season.

That is a more worrying thing for me. Can't defend for shit and create no chances.

We're much better when gaining possession in the opposition half or at halfway. We seem to gift so many opportunities to other teams by pissing about at the back. Other than boring everyone to death i don't see the point....i guess it's meant to keep the ball but we don't.

With Fofana out long term, Evans not 100% & Vestergaard bedding in, Soyuncu really needs to get his head out of his ****ing arse. I reckon he's carrying a hangover from the Euros after how abysmal Turkey were after going into it being considered a lively outsider.

Get the **** over it mate & do your ****ing job.

As for maddison, well no ****er will want to buy you if you carry on playing like this so you can get your pretty head down too.

We're one bad night in Warsaw away from this competition being over before it starts & I can't help but have the feeling that we've missed the most golden oppurtunity for progression in the clubs history the last 2 years. I can't see this season being anything other than regression based on what i'm watching. Followed of course by our best players leaving in the summer. CL is out of the question this year as we won't be at full strength til January most likely. Too late by then. We'll need to win another cup to be in Europe next year.

I don't like to be doom & gloom but this team looks nowhere near it to my eyes. Top 8 at best. They'll be nervous & timid at the weekend guaranteed. No confidence, scared little boys, no mental strength whatsoever. Extremely worrying.
I have to agree that we don’t look anywhere near it. It’s also too early to judge Daka but I don’t have good feels on what I have seen so far. I think it will be another failed attempt at replacing the irreplaceable

I have to agree that we don’t look anywhere near it. It’s also too early to judge Daka but I don’t have good feels on what I have seen so far. I think it will be another failed attempt at replacing the irreplaceable
He was marginally offside for a reasonably well taken goal against Napoli. I can't see what makes you say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757