Post Match Leicester 2 Newcastle 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy, Maddison, Ricardo, Castagne, Soyuncu

All absolute dogshit tonight

But the main criticism lands at Brendan’s door. It was a ****ing shambles of a set up, and the failure was bleeding obvious after about ten minutes.
But he did nothing. Absolutely ****ing nothing.
Incredibly it actually got worse. But still he did nowt.

What a complete and utter bellend.

OK

We all know what happens. Because we all saw it happen last year. We just left it a little later this time.

We've collapsed. We've taken 1 point from 6 against 2 of the worst sides in the league.

I don't give a flying **** what explanations they come out with or what excuses are made. NOBODY concedes 4 at home to ****ing Newcastle. I know that they always put together a little run to save themselves at the end of the season, but they are still shit. If you'e going to be a top 4 side you just put them away. Especially at home.

We're not a top 4 side. Simple as. We proved it last year. We're underlining it this year.

Quite simply, we are weak.

Top level sport is more about the head than people tend to believe. We have nothing in ours. Cowards & bottlers. We no longer have the right to make Spurs jokes.

We're the opposite of every decent LCFC side I've ever seen.

Pearson & Ranieri's teams fought & never gave up. Ever. They pulled out results against the odds all the time. & when they took leads you knew they'd almost never lose the game.

O'Neill's teams were the same.

So was Wallace's team that won promotion in 1980.

The Bloomfield team that I first followed as a kid had better players than probably any of those others. But they won nothing. Always managed to fall short.

This team is the same. Style over substance.

We could & should be sat with our feet up waiting for a cup final with CL secured.

Instead. We're going to watch as a carbon copy of last season unfolds.

We're going to lose all 3 games. We've already lost them. This team hasn't the mental strength to win them. They've already given up.

This years added bonus is that we then get to watch Chelsea utterly humiliate us in front of the entire nation in the cup final. We'll be a laughing stock after that.

Normally this Chelsea side isn't free scoring. They're so good defensively since Tuchel took over they don't need to be. I'd expect them to win 2-0 but it to be the most comfortable 2-0 you ever saw in your life as we barely threaten for the full 90.

BUT...

...if they score early, **** me it could be anything as we'll just crumble. They could easily get 6.

This team is a frightened child looking for it's mummy.

Makes me ****ing sick because there's no need for it.

Weak minded ****ing bastards.

**** off Brendan

Proud of the players in any context is unforgivable after that.
He needs to get four big performances out of them: perhaps he feels that telling them that they are all rubbish is a luxury that he doesn't have.

It was a poor game and people have a right to be disappointed, but pure vitriol towards players, and a manager, who have served us well, gets us nowhere. Are some of you suggesting that they want to fail??? It's easy supporting a team when it's going well, get behind them when it isn't!

Last night simply highlighted why Evans should never ever be dropped despite what some people on here think of him. His injury was a huge blow.
Does he have bad games? Yes
Does he make mistakes? Yes
But, without him we are an utter shambles at the back with zero organisation. Evans is the lynchpin and the leader and makes us such a better team.
In my opinion, of course.

Imagine spunking away over 100 million in revenue over two years of champions league football.

I’m absolutely certain this result will have really far reaching effects on the progress of the club. Will be a watershed moment.

Last night simply highlighted why Evans should never ever be dropped despite what some people on here think of him. His injury was a huge blow.
Does he have bad games? Yes
Does he make mistakes? Yes
But, without him we are an utter shambles at the back with zero organisation. Evans is the lynchpin and the leader and makes us such a better team.
In my opinion, of course.
Yep. Absolutely not a coincidence. Evans not there in the ears of the two young lads, and wow did that make a difference. Söyünçü handed them the first, Fofana served up the second, game well and truly over by half time.

I honestly hadn't realised how much of a difference Evans makes to our defence. Of course, I knew he was important but quite how important is another thing. It seems we have no defence without him.

Oh, and of course I don't think they want us to fail. Silly comment that. Of course I support them, that's why I'm here. I just get ****ing livid when we play like that, when we get the basics wrong because of some ego trip or delusions of grandeur.

Last edited:
Imagine spunking away over 100 million in revenue over two years of champions league football.

I’m absolutely certain this result will have really far reaching effects on the progress of the club. Will be a watershed moment.
Spending over 100% of revenue just on wages is not sustainable for any club at any level.

I've said before this team has to many snowflakes in it and we need a Wasilewski type of player to bellow at the likes of Maddison, Fofana, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez, Tilemans etc and all the others that go missing during a game.
Someone to put in a strong challenge and get the team going, Kasper isn't a good captain but we don't have anyone else.

We are in danger of becoming a club that is just a stepping stone form lower league potential to a top side,
Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell they all could see the writing on the wall and couldn't wait to leave.
Maddison has already left.

It was a weird swap no? When Evans hobbled away. Why Castagne? Why not Amartey (a ready made CB on the bench)? Why not even Ndidi with Mendy or Praet to midfield. Of the choices open to BR, that one baffled me.

As poor as we were last night, let's not overlook the fact that Newcastle played extremely well. They were outstanding especially in the first half and their keeper made some great saves.

On another day we could have scored two ourselves in the first 45 minutes.

It was obvious they were going to be up for it after the stinging criticism they received for their inept display against Arsenal last week.

They raised their game. We didn't and made mistakes.

Yes, Newcastle were good (didn't Bruce say it's the best he's seen them play all season?) and I credit them with that but equally we stank for a good portion of the game and gifted them at least 1 goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757