Post Match Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
LW's performance yesterday reminded me a little of how Cags started with city. He was a little rash and being taken off will probably do him the world of good. It will remind him that he's an integral part of a defence and that if he gets a little carried away we can replace him.
I've no doubt he's probably one of the most talented young defenders in the world but need to learn when to play and when not to.

Couldn’t watch live but caught up today.

Ndidi was excellent, wasn’t he? Just a world class defensive midfielder and when he’s in the side it completely changes our play.

If Tielemans can keep this form up he’s going to go on to be one of the biggest names in football. He’s just an outrageous talent and this season has brought a consistency to his play.

Justin continues to amaze. What a great signing.

I thought Perez had a terrific impact when he came on. A frustrating player because he’s obviously so capable but never quite pulls it together often enough.

Only disappointment was Vardy. He had a couple of chances that looked nailed on. Particularly the header from the clipped Barnes cross and the chance that he cut back on his left foot. I’ll expect he will be especially hungry for goals on Tuesday, assuming he’s fit.

Couldn’t watch live but caught up today.

Ndidi was excellent, wasn’t he? Just a world class defensive midfielder and when he’s in the side it completely changes our play.

If Tielemans can keep this form up he’s going to go on to be one of the biggest names in football. He’s just an outrageous talent and this season has brought a consistency to his play.

Justin continues to amaze. What a great signing.

I thought Perez had a terrific impact when he came on. A frustrating player because he’s obviously so capable but never quite pulls it together often enough.

Only disappointment was Vardy. He had a couple of chances that looked nailed on. Particularly the header from the clipped Barnes cross and the chance that he cut back on his left foot. I’ll expect he will be especially hungry for goals on Tuesday, assuming he’s fit.
I think Perez is like Okasaki. He has a very specific role where he's excellent, but he's also good enough in a variety of others to be a great option or frustrate opponents.

Great game for the neutral. Thought we were pretty poor in the first half and went in Infront largely against the run of play. Second half we played the better stuff though. Maybe the goal opened them up a bit but I felt we matched their pressing as well whereas the first half was all very static..

I think Perez is like Okasaki. He has a very specific role where he's excellent, but he's also good enough in a variety of others to be a great option or frustrate opponents.
I'll be interested what Rodgers goes for if Vardy isn't fit for 90mins on Tuesday. If its Perez as number 9 then he will need pace either side of him. Maybe Under comes in on the right and Barnes on the left...
Against Stoke we just didn't have the threat in behind to pin them in.

LW's performance yesterday reminded me a little of how Cags started with city. He was a little rash and being taken off will probably do him the world of good. It will remind him that he's an integral part of a defence and that if he gets a little carried away we can replace him.
I've no doubt he's probably one of the most talented young defenders in the world but need to learn when to play and when not to.

We were all saying how fabulous Mendy was and then Ndidi got fit and we wouldn't dream of playing Mendy ahead of him now.

When Soyuncu came on yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air. He was much more effective than Fofana has been. Fofana is a terrific talent but he is rough around the edges. Soyuncu has matured into a player that has few rough edges. As it stands, Soyuncu is the better defender so he has to start now he's fit.

The next case will be Ricardo. For all the praise rightly heaped on Justin, I'm afraid that Ricardo is in a different class altogether.

The really interesting time will be when we have the likes of Fofana, Justin, Praet, Perez and Mendy all sitting on the bench regularly. If they are not good enough for the best starting eleven, I'm not sure they'll all be content to play cameos or back up roles.

We were all saying how fabulous Mendy was and then Ndidi got fit and we wouldn't dream of playing Mendy ahead of him now.

When Soyuncu came on yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air. He was much more effective than Fofana has been. Fofana is a terrific talent but he is rough around the edges. Soyuncu has matured into a player that has few rough edges. As it stands, Soyuncu is the better defender so he has to start now he's fit.

The next case will be Ricardo. For all the praise rightly heaped on Justin, I'm afraid that Ricardo is in a different class altogether.

The really interesting time will be when we have the likes of Fofana, Justin, Praet, Perez and Mendy all sitting on the bench regularly. If they are not good enough for the best starting eleven, I'm not sure they'll all be content to play cameos or back up roles.

I think there is a really strong case for Ricardo taking over for Albrighton more than Justin.

Kasper

Justin
Soyuncu
Evans
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Barnes
Maddison
Ricardo

Vardy

Bench:
Fofana, Perez, Praet, Albrighton, Under, Thomas, Mendy, Ward, Iheanacho

Pretty decent. And no room for Amartey, Fuchs, Wes, Choudhury.

Last edited:
I'm worried that it will be the rest of the season.

You’ve said this before, and I can sort of see what you’re getting at, but there’s not really any evidence to suggest it. Is there?

I'm not sure who I was listening to (dodgy stream) but they were saying exactly opposite, saying how well we'd done with all the injuries particularly in defence and now we were seemingly a club with two capable players for every position.
think that was BT Sport, Darren Fletcher made a point of saying we've had injuries, living in Nottingham he's not in the London or North West obsessed bubbles

Perez is miles more effective than Okasaki ever was and at least he has now learnt not to fall over whenever someone breathes on him. He did have a terrific impact when he came on, linking up play and getting back to help defensively.

It would be very risky since it would leave us without quality substitutes, but I wonder what a back 3 of Fofana, Soyuncu and Evans would be like!

Completely agree. Was saying the same thing the other day. You forget how brilliant Ndidi and Cags are.

As good as Albrighton was yesterday, I think the plan will be for Ricardo to play that role whilst Castagne and Justin keep their places. If not, I don't see a problem with Justin dropping out when Ricardo is fully up to speed. He will know that his role was such and he will get plenty of chances.

As for the rest, we only need one of Mendy or Praet and Fofana will get his chances as we change and rotate. He will more than likely be involved in a back 5 when we employ that system. Add a creative midfielder and a striker and we have a very, very good squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757