Post Match Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is denying Shinji was a crucial part of our title winning campaign. However, Perez is a far more effective player as the statistics show.

Ayoze Perez
43 Premier League games, 9 goals at 1 in 4.77 matches, and 5 assists at 1 in 8.6

Shinji Okazaki
114 Premier League games, 14 goals at 1 in 8.14 matches, and 4 assists at 1 in 28.5
Stats only tell part of the story though.

Shinji very often drew defenders away to make space for JV and that isn’t recorded.

He was also selfless in his working tirelessly off the ball linking up superbly the midfield and JV/Mahrez.

He will probably go down as the least appreciated player we have had performing a generally thankless and selfless role.

You really shouldn’t use stats to prove a point, they mean jack shit

My advice is to watch a game, and try and understand what is actually going on - especially how players complement each other, or balance out a side

If you think Perez has, in any team, come anywhere near what Okazaki did for that title winning side then you simply don’t understand football at all

the way we play now is much different to how we played then, you may as well compare Perez's role behind Vardy to that of Robert Huth at CB in that team, Shinji was there as much for his defensive work rate as his attacking attributes, Perez wouldn't be able to come close to Shinji's performances in that role in 2015/16

No one is denying Shinji was a crucial part of our title winning campaign. However, Perez is a far more effective player as the statistics show.

Ayoze Perez
43 Premier League games, 9 goals at 1 in 4.77 matches, and 5 assists at 1 in 8.6

Shinji Okazaki
114 Premier League games, 14 goals at 1 in 8.14 matches, and 4 assists at 1 in 28.5

But more importantly, how do their xG stats compare?

(Wibble)

The fact that anyone is trying to discredit Shinji's contribution makes me feel slightly angry. Perez has an incredible amount of work to do to even lace Shinji's enormous boots.

The fact that anyone is trying to discredit Shinji's contribution makes me feel slightly angry. Perez has an incredible amount of work to do to even lace Shinji's enormous boots.

The fact its a Leicester fan doing it is ****ing absurd

No one is trying to discredit him and I already said he was an essential part of the success of our title winning team.

Surely no one believes he would get anywhere near our current squad.

No one is trying to discredit him and I already said he was an essential part of the success of our title winning team.

Surely no one believes he would get anywhere near our current squad.
We played a different game in those days. Shinji chased and won us the ball higher up the field. He probably chased more than vardy does now for us.
I for one would have THAT Shinji in our current squad. He'd be a better option than Perez and Nacho.

We played a different game in those days. Shinji chased and won us the ball higher up the field. He probably chased more than vardy does now for us.
I for one would have THAT Shinji in our current squad. He'd be a better option than Perez and Nacho.
Even the laundry lady would be better than Nacho!

You really shouldn’t use stats to prove a point, they mean jack shit

My advice is to watch a game, and try and understand what is actually going on - especially how players complement each other, or balance out a side

If you think Perez has, in any team, come anywhere near what Okazaki did for that title winning side then you simply don’t understand football at all
Some people, especially some of those who 'liked' that post, should have a look back at what they have actually posted about Shinji in the past. Much of it is very uncomplimentary to say the least.

Some people, especially some of those who 'liked' that post, should have a look back at what they have actually posted about Shinji in the past. Much of it is very uncomplimentary to say the least.

While reading through my past posts on him, I found this comment :038:

There is the SO of 15/16 who was an integral part of our genius side. He will never be comparable to the likes of Perez purely on the basis of his legendary achievements that year.

The SO of subsequent seasons was just okay. He didn't really fit into the side much. Just like Perez now really.

So everybody's right.

There is the SO of 15/16 who was an integral part of our genius side. He will never be comparable to the likes of Perez purely on the basis of his legendary achievements that year.

The SO of subsequent seasons was just okay. He didn't really fit into the side much. Just like Perez now really.

So everybody's right.
Or everybody’s wrong. I prefer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861