Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy and paste usually works. Or save it to your computer/phone and upload as an attachment.
I tried copying and pasting but it didn’t seem to work? I’m in the middle of a rugby field though, so not really concentrating.

Nice to see us win an early kick off. Seems like we always lose the early matches. Any one have some stats on this?

Re. The match, it was exciting. A good advert for football. Thought Tielemans looked much better. His best game of the season so far. Schmeichal also did well and seemed to come and claim more high balls than usual, a normally weak part of his game. On Chilwell, the one thing he does possess is a great leap. I reckon he can jump higher than most players. Ricardo was good. He's such a talent going forwards. His dribbling ability is phenomenal and he genuinely scares the opposition when he bursts forwards. His defensive game, like Chilwell, could improve, but tempered with their attacking threat, it's OK. Evans' tackle on Kane reminded me so so much of Lennon's tackle on a Palace player (Edworthy maybe?) in the 1996 (?) play off final. Got the ball but got a hell of a lot of man too. Love it. Proper football. Fair play to Kane for getting straight up.

Another remark. I'm noticing an increase in sporting gestures and mutual respect in this year's premier league. For instance, a good tackle being made and the two players tapping hands afterwards to show appreciation and a sort of "no hard feelings" gesture. I like that. Long may it continue.

Nice to see us win an early kick off. Seems like we always lose the early matches. Any one have some stats on this?

Re. The match, it was exciting. A good advert for football. Thought Tielemans looked much better. His best game of the season so far. Schmeichal also did well and seemed to come and claim more high balls than usual, a normally weak part of his game. On Chilwell, the one thing he does possess is a great leap. I reckon he can jump higher than most players. Ricardo was good. He's such a talent going forwards. His dribbling ability is phenomenal and he genuinely scares the opposition when he bursts forwards. His defensive game, like Chilwell, could improve, but tempered with their attacking threat, it's OK. Evans' tackle on Kane reminded me so so much of Lennon's tackle on a Palace player (Edworthy maybe?) in the 1996 (?) play off final. Got the ball but got a hell of a lot of man too. Love it. Proper football. Fair play to Kane for getting straight up.

Another remark. I'm noticing an increase in sporting gestures and mutual respect in this year's premier league. For instance, a good tackle being made and the two players tapping hands afterwards to show appreciation and a sort of "no hard feelings" gesture. I like that. Long may it continue.
I am sure it was a gingered haired player called Hopkins and the tackle was by Steve Walsh. It was a fantastic tackle, as was the one by Evans yesterday.

Go to: 1:06:15

Last edited:
I am sure it was a gingered haired player called Hopkins and the tackle was by Steve Walsh. It was a fantastic tackle, as was the one by Evans yesterday.

That's the one! Thanks.

Me and my brother regularly reminisce about this one, a good old-fashioned tackle from the legend!

These comments are staggeringly stupid from well paid professionals. I mean, just think through what they're saying, it is utterly insane.

These comments are staggeringly stupid from well paid professionals. I mean, just think through what they're saying, it is utterly insane.

Yep, I was having a meltdown at that.

Absolute absurdity

I’ve just seen that Poch actually said that Spurs dominated for 80mins before their disallowed goal. Dominated.

I’ve just seen that Poch actually said that Spurs dominated for 80mins before their disallowed goal. Dominated.

Here I go again.

They did really. They had several much better chances than us. At times they ran through us like it was men against boys. They were a half an inch from being two goals ahead and cruising.

We did well at times, especially our determination to impose ourselves throughout the game. But what Pochettino says isn't wrong either. They could easily have won that match three or four nil.

If you only saw ten minutes on MOTD or something, I can see the incredulity. However, having been there and since watched the whole game again, we were quite fortunate to win.

Some of the media and fan responses to yesterday are utter nonsense. Last week, we were talked down despite not being as bad people made out. We didn't get the breaks. This week, we were a bit better and are suddenly world beaters. We did get the breaks.

Idiot. There wasn't 80 minutes before the disallowed goal.

Here I go again.

They did really. They had several much better chances than us. At times they ran through us like it was men against boys. They were a half an inch from being two goals ahead and cruising.

We did well at times, especially our determination to impose ourselves throughout the game. But what Pochettino says isn't wrong either. They could easily have won that match three or four nil.

If you only saw ten minutes on MOTD or something, I can see the incredulity. However, having been there and since watched the whole game again, we were quite fortunate to win.

Some of the media and fan responses to yesterday are utter nonsense. Last week, we were talked down despite not being as bad people made out. We didn't get the breaks. This week, we were a bit better and are suddenly world beaters. We did get the breaks.
416x416.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265