Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I go again.

They did really. They had several much better chances than us. At times they ran through us like it was men against boys. They were a half an inch from being two goals ahead and cruising.

We did well at times, especially our determination to impose ourselves throughout the game. But what Pochettino says isn't wrong either. They could easily have won that match three or four nil.

If you only saw ten minutes on MOTD or something, I can see the incredulity. However, having been there and since watched the whole game again, we were quite fortunate to win.

Some of the media and fan responses to yesterday are utter nonsense. Last week, we were talked down despite not being as bad people made out. We didn't get the breaks. This week, we were a bit better and are suddenly world beaters. We did get the breaks.

I watched every minute and I’m sorry to even suggest Spurs dominated that match is simply ridiculous.

I’m not saying we had more possession.
I’m not saying we had more shots.

But we were never, in a million years, “dominated”.

Watford were dominated yesterday. We were not.

The reaction to last week on here was awful in my opinion.far too negative. But by simply suggesting we weren’t dominated that also doesn’t mean I’m suggesting we are world beaters.

It was a good performance against a good team. Doesn’t mean we’ll win the league, but also I see no benefit in making it out it was some kind of fluke. Most games between similar quality teams could go either way.

I watched every minute and I’m sorry to even suggest Spurs dominated that match is simply ridiculous.

I’m not saying we had more possession.
I’m not saying we had more shots.

But we were never, in a million years, “dominated”.

Watford were dominated yesterday. We were not.

The reaction to last week on here was awful in my opinion.far too negative. But by simply suggesting we weren’t dominated that also doesn’t mean I’m suggesting we are world beaters.

It was a good performance against a good team. Doesn’t mean we’ll win the league, but also I see no benefit in making it out it was some kind of fluke. Most games between similar quality teams could go either way.
Talking of "similar quality teams": as things stand, the gap between 5th and 6th is the same as that between 6th and 17th!

Neither team dominated.

It was a ****ing good game that was played out by 2 very decent teams. In fact it's the 1st game I've seen in ages where you could say that it was Premier League standard from both sides.

They didn't dominate, we didn't dominate. Both teams equally made it a ****ing good game of football.

Neither team dominated.

It was a ****ing good game that was played out by 2 very decent teams. In fact it's the 1st game I've seen in ages where you could say that it was Premier League standard from both sides.

They didn't dominate, we didn't dominate. Both teams equally made it a ****ing good game of football.

Spot on

1.21 and 1.23 on xG.

Dominance.
Hooray! Another XG devotee. I love being a heretic don't you?

XG...a meticulously calculated probability metric utilised by successful pro gamblers to help squeeze extra value from tight margins.

XG...something that doesn't exist & is laughed at by Soccer Saturday dinosaur pundit ex-pros who couldn't tip a ****ing wheelbarrow.

Maybe now we'll start believing. Could be just what we needed. I mean come on...Utd turned over by the Happy Hammers earlier, Arsenal giving away a 2 goal lead to the worst team in the league the other day & now huffing & puffing against a rubbish Villa side, Chelsea just bits & pieces, Spurs are...well, ****ing Spurs. Seriously, outside of Citeh & the Scousers there's **** all to be scared of in this league. **** all.

Best chance of making the CL places since THE season. & I hope Brendan is telling them all exactly that every week from now on.

I’ve just seen that Poch actually said that Spurs dominated for 80mins before their disallowed goal. Dominated.

he also said that they should have won as they are better than Leicester. Twat!

Hooray! Another XG devotee. I love being a heretic don't you?

XG...a meticulously calculated probability metric utilised by successful pro gamblers to help squeeze extra value from tight margins.

XG...something that doesn't exist & is laughed at by Soccer Saturday dinosaur pundit ex-pros who couldn't tip a ****ing wheelbarrow.

It’s changed betting forever.

I expect Poch included half time when Chas and Dave led a raucous sing song in the Visitors' dressing room.
And presumably the warm-up? 80 minutes is a long time to dominate!

Neither team dominated.

My Tottering colleague said all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757