Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corners is a perfect example. We asked Vestergaard to do the zonal thing which is madness.

Last night, we had Thomas man-marking Kane at corners whilst Vestergaard watched the ball continually float over his head for Kane to bully Thomas.

Is that Vestergaard or Thomas's fault? I don't think so. It's incompetent tactics.

Vestergaard was on Sanchez, who he lost almost every time. Luckily he is shite

After 15 mins they switched Soyuncu to mark Kane instead of Thomas **** knows what complete ****ing madness arrived at the idea that was a great plan before the game started

I blame last night's debacle on the stupid stadium announcement about an incident on Burnmoor Street. On the second unnecessary one, everybody, the fans and the players, just lost concentration.
I agree - you could visibly note the players slowing down.

Yes. I don't as a rule spend much time fretting over the ups and downs of multinational conglomerates, but I'm not aware of any of KPs activities outside the highly COVID-vulnerable duty free and travel industries.

Personally, even after the obvious deficiencies on show last night (even without the last ninety second meltdown), I think it's a case of make do and mend for which we have the capability. Whether all this leads to any transfer cash from now on being siphoned back to KP base, is more concerning.
Ordinary I would agree, but when the juggernaut owns LCFC and LCFC is dependent on it for its continued existence, I do take some interest. If the reported dip really is 5 billion to 2 billion, that is 40% of their net worth gone. If my business suddenly had 40% wiped off it, I wouldn’t be prioritising the subsidy of my plaything on the side. Whether we like it or not we do have to care about how KP is doing. It impacts everything.

Having had time to digest, it's obviously massively disappointing to ship goals at the end like that. That said, given the last 2 years and the lack of crowds for the large part, to witness such a dramatic end to a game, it's why we all the the game & the live sport. You take the rough with the smooth - whilst it felt shell-shocking at the end, it's the polar opposite of the joy & elation of the final whistle at the Cup Final but no more emotive. For every one persons joy & delight, there will always be the heartbreak for others.

Ordinary I would agree, but when the juggernaut owns LCFC and LCFC is dependent on it for its continued existence, I do take some interest. If the reported dip really is 5 billion to 2 billion, that is 40% of their net worth gone. If my business suddenly had 40% wiped off it, I wouldn’t be prioritising the subsidy of my plaything on the side. Whether we like it or not we do have to care about how KP is doing. It impacts everything.
Ummm…. 60%?

If your maths is that shit, your business would already be in serious trouble.

If your maths is that shit, your business would already be in serious trouble.
Well I got the maths right. I just wrote 40 instead of 60. I can show you my workings if it gets me extra marks :icon lol:

Thankfully we are having our best year. Good job we aren’t accountants though :icon lol:

How do you know this? I've not seen anything in the press about it?

I wrote the below on here in Nov. I'd reference the piece if I could remember what it was. It wasn't nonsense though, they clearly knew people in our recruitment side.

I read a pretty convincing thing the other day from a site run by recruitment people that said we were due to sign Chris Richards (21) from Hoffenheim. It was largely agreed. Then Fofana got injured and BR overruled our plans and said he now wanted Vestergaard (29) instead. Apparently, the recruitment team were not impressed as Vestergaard was nowhere near the top of their lists.

Wasn't he recommended by Kasper too?

I could quite well be imagining that though.

Wasn't he recommended by Kasper too?

I could quite well be imagining that though.

Kasper said the following when we signed him:

“I’ve never made a secret of me being a Jannik Vestergaard fan. He’s a top-class player. I always feel very secure, and that’s the biggest compliment I can pay any defender. He’s a big guy, but still very mobile, he’s got incredible feet and range of passing. He’s a threat in both boxes, he’s at an age now where he is coming into his best years and luckily, they will be with Leicester City. As a character, he suits this club. He’s a talker, he’s a leader, he’s always been a guy people can look to. He’s fitted in really well and I’m looking forward to seeing him do well in a Leicester shirt.”

Watching Spurs equaliser again. I think Doherty handballs it on to Bergwijn in the coming together with Soyuncu. Don't remember it being looked at by VAR...

Kasper said the following when we signed him:

“I’ve never made a secret of me being a Jannik Vestergaard fan. He’s a top-class player. I always feel very secure, and that’s the biggest compliment I can pay any defender. He’s a big guy, but still very mobile, he’s got incredible feet and range of passing. He’s a threat in both boxes, he’s at an age now where he is coming into his best years and luckily, they will be with Leicester City. As a character, he suits this club. He’s a talker, he’s a leader, he’s always been a guy people can look to. He’s fitted in really well and I’m looking forward to seeing him do well in a Leicester shirt.”
That’s remarkable.

I think Vestergaard was ****ing appalling yesterday but I also think BN has got it spot on. He's making stupid errors but he's being asked to do things that don't suit his game.

He played like this in his first year at Southampton and they were ready to bin him then they changed the system and he was fantastic for them last season. Just go back and watch some of his performances for them and you'll see a different player. Commanding, threatening and a real monster to try and get past. We're seeing none of this because of two things. One, he's making ****ing brainless errors but two, he's being asked to do things that don't suit his game.

The other problem is that his mistakes are exacerbated by the fact he's playing with a ****ing donkey in Soyuncu next to him who has been utterly appalling this season. Let's be honest, our best defender all season has been Choudhury followed by Amartey. That's ****ing hideous.

I think Vestergaard was ****ing appalling yesterday but I also think BN has got it spot on. He's making stupid errors but he's being asked to do things that don't suit his game.

He played like this in his first year at Southampton and they were ready to bin him then they changed the system and he was fantastic for them last season. Just go back and watch some of his performances for them and you'll see a different player. Commanding, threatening and a real monster to try and get past. We're seeing none of this because of two things. One, he's making ****ing brainless errors but two, he's being asked to do things that don't suit his game.

The other problem is that his mistakes are exacerbated by the fact he's playing with a ****ing donkey in Soyuncu next to him who has been utterly appalling this season. Let's be honest, our best defender all season has been Choudhury followed by Amartey. That's ****ing hideous.

Yeah, but we don’t need another defender, or summat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758