Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to work out what the Spurs player actually did - Vardy was the one that linked arms and then flung himself to the ground trying to break free, from the hold he created.

I'd have been fuming with that against us.

Top class shithousery.

Sanchez had the last laugh as he was involved in the Schmeichel mistake.

Actually no he didn’t have the last laugh as he was still complaining after the final whistle and Vardy was grinning.

I certainly wasn’t laughing after the final whistle.

Bringing in Papy Mendy from the cold just so that we can put Ndidi at centre back, rather than playing either of the two centre backs we had on the bench.

Another Rodgers tactical masterclass.
Yet Mendy was by far and away our best player on the day. His energy highlighted just how knackered our players were.

Rodgers knew well beforehand that playing Fofana was a gamble, just as it was with Evans in the Cup Final. Wilf and Pappy would have known exactly what was required in the event of Wes having to go off.

Also, those who are bemoaning taking off Maddison because he was apparently better in the second half are deluded. He was no improvement and clearly had nothing left to give.

Just watched the goals. Blimey that wasn't a penalty for our second goal was it? Horrible dive from Vardy.
We were there too. Vardy did the first foul by grabbing Sanchez. Never a penalty. We never remotely looked like scoring from open play which has been a feature of our recent games. That's why Brendan said last night he needs to add more firepower upfront for next season. How disappointing has Nacho been in the last two games?

Also, those who are bemoaning taking off Maddison because he was apparently better in the second half are deluded. He was no improvement and clearly had nothing left to give.
Apart from slipping the ball through to Vardy for the second penalty, of course.

Yet Mendy was by far and away our best player on the day. His energy highlighted just how knackered our players were.

Rodgers knew well beforehand that playing Fofana was a gamble, just as it was with Evans in the Cup Final. Wilf and Pappy would have known exactly what was required in the event of Wes having to go off.

I must have been watching a different game to you. I thought Mendy looked way off it and was one of our worst players. Understandably seeing as he hasn’t played for god knows how long.

Look, they were broken. They looked it to a man. I'm disappointed but, ultimately, not massively bothered.

I couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think of us. The word 'bottling' can be bandied about as much as people like but that isn't what happened at all. The fact our own fans think that shows how much they haven't been paying attention.

We had a tough run in after a long season. We played more games with fewer players and it showed. Liverpool put together an inexplicable run of 5 wins which many didn't forsee. We lost hugely influential players at crucial times throughout the whole of the season. We have shown progression from last season in lots of ways and we have some silverware to boot.

I'd like us to have a go at the EL and I for one will enjoy it again, especially if I get to go to all of the games. Players will join or they won't, that's out of our hands but we were never going to sign massive names. If Gosens chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. We'll get someone in who is just as good if not better. We already have some fabulous players.

Financially, we aren't in a terrible position at all and we have no need to get rid of any of our big players. Other clubs are going to have to make astronomical offers for them if they want them and as we have seen in the past, this isn't the disaster it may feel like at first.

Get the **** over it. It really isn't a disaster of any kind and suggesting there will be repercussions for years is hyperbolic bullshit at its finest.

If we don't win the FA Cup final, I reckon we make top 4. Would I trade it though? Would I bollock.

Honestly, anyone would think we are West Ham fans.

Look, they were broken. They looked it to a man. I'm disappointed but, ultimately, not massively bothered.

I couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think of us. The word 'bottling' can be bandied about as much as people like but that isn't what happened at all. The fact our own fans think that shows how much they haven't been paying attention.

We had a tough run in after a long season. We played more games with fewer players and it showed. Liverpool put together an inexplicable run of 5 wins which many didn't forsee. We lost hugely influential players at crucial times throughout the whole of the season. We have shown progression from last season in lots of ways and we have some silverware to boot.

I'd like us to have a go at the EL and I for one will enjoy it again, especially if I get to go to all of the games. Players will join or they won't, that's out of our hands but we were never going to sign massive names. If Gosens chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. We'll get someone in who is just as good if not better. We already have some fabulous players.

Financially, we aren't in a terrible position at all and we have no need to get rid of any of our big players. Other clubs are going to have to make astronomical offers for them if they want them and as we have seen in the past, this isn't the disaster it may feel like at first.

Get the **** over it. It really isn't a disaster of any kind and suggesting there will be repercussions for years is hyperbolic bullshit at its finest.

If we don't win the FA Cup final, I reckon we make top 4. Would I trade it though? Would I bollock.

:038:

The top four place was lost over the course of the season, not just in the last half dozen games. We had crap performances and results throughout the year, it wasn't a case of a "collapse" this time. On a positive note, Thomas looked a lot better yesterday.

Agree with nearly all of this other than the bit about Liverpool winning their last 5. I thought it was a cast iron guarantee that they would. I predicted that they’d win their last 7 to my dad who laughed at me. Wish he was still laughing now!

Agree with nearly all of this other than the bit about Liverpool winning their last 5. I thought it was a cast iron guarantee that they would. I predicted that they’d win their last 7 to my dad who laughed at me. Wish he was still laughing now!
Yeah I called them definitely not winning their last 4 very confidently.
I was very wrong.

As is said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I thought Chelsea's game at Villa wasn't going to be easy but that was a call made in hope/desperation rather than any kind of foresight or tactical savvy. I thought we'd be battling for 4th (I gave up on 3rd) but thought Chelsea would finish 3rd. And I thought we'd neat Spurs.....

Some of it happened, some of it didn't, but it was all complete guess work for which no credit can be taken!

Ah even more annoying we ****ed up 4th place now, after Chelsea won the CL and would've even qualified in 5th...

Somehow makes it even mroe annoying, like they got the CL place we could've had and didn't even need it

Ah even more annoying we ****ed up 4th place now, after Chelsea won the CL and would've even qualified in 5th...

Somehow makes it even mroe annoying, like they got the CL place we could've had and didn't even need it
**** it mate! Won the FA cup! Lovely big trophy for the Foxes, keep basking in it x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757