Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of wingers, in an article about Chelsea’s 100+ plus professional football players today (and we think our squad is bloated, they have 14 registered GKs) it was pointed out that Victor Moses is out in the cold now. He was instrumental in their last title win. Would be a good signing.
He’s a good player and has done a good job whenever he’s been loaned out, too.

With so many games in a short period of time coming up, there was no need to bust a gut for 90 minutes.
Yesterday's game was good game management by Claude and the players.

Looking at the table is encouraging today anyway. 8th with Man U and Everton just a point ahead. Can we close that 5 point gap to Arsenal and the top 6? We've not really looked like beating any of the top 6 sides under Puel, whilst we've rarely been hammered by any of them their extra bit of quality has just made the difference in the end. What do we need to be on competing terms with them again? Arguably another decent forward that can play alongside Vardy.. Nacho often looks a bit slow and lazy to me and he's the second best we have for the forward positions right now. Things are looking good for the future with Benkovic and Soyuncu both settling in to British football. Chilwell has come on leaps and bounds under puel at LB and Ricardo has been a great, although somewhat inconsistent addition at RB. Many of us think he's better suited to RM but he put in a damn good show yesterday at RB so it shows he does have the capability to defend well there. In Ndidi and Mendy I think we've finally found a center midfield pairing that works fairly well and we've bought Maddison in who has great potential and is starting to show it. I think we still need a couple of goal getters. one forward and maybe another winger or two that have the quality to create chances. For me Gray and Albrighton are two of the weaker players in the starting line up. Albrighton always gives his best but I think he's a limited player who should be back up to someone better. Gray is frustrating, he's quick, he runs at players but he just isn't a goal getter at this level. He doesn't get enough goals or assists and the same I feel like he should be back up to someone better. He's the real underachiever we have right now that you just feel he's not making the best of the attributes he has.

Against Liverpool, how did Morgan miss?
Against Arsenal, referee bottled it, Holding should have had a second yellow, us, a penalty.
Against Everton, until Morgan's sending off, we were well on top

Fine margins.

I thought we were much improved against Watford and showed much more promise.

Okay, it wasn't wonderful, flowing football but neither were many of the games we won in the title winning season and we were much closer to that style of play than we have been for some time, yesterday. It was at the very least, far more entertaining.

I really liked the way we attacked at pace and with purpose and although this left gaps in behind that Watford exploited I felt it was a price worth paying for some great forward play.

I understand some of the criticism of Gray but I think it's a little too harsh. His first half performance was pretty tidy and he created space for others as Watford seemed petrified of him every time he advanced. Ndidi also came in for some stick but he controlled the middle of the pitch well I thought, allowing Mendy to be a little more attacking in his play. Mendy and Ricardo were absolutely superb (with the latter my MotM) as were Albrighton and Maddison but special mentions for Morgan who I thought had an excellent game and led by example, as well as Vardy whose effort and commitment was first class.

Top teams have a bit more class, we are a little short of challenging these sides. Anyone out of top 6 can beat each other on their day.

Puel will get us results but is not really moving us forward.

I’m not in favour of change unless there is someone with significant pedigree.

No one has as much class as us when it comes to our current owners. Well done Watford for paying respects.

For me Gray and Albrighton are two of the weaker players in the starting line up. Albrighton always gives his best but I think he's a limited player who should be back up to someone better.

Cannot agree about Albrighton. Wonderful player who always puts in a shift. That pass for Maddison on Saturday was excellent.

Albrighton is class, his passing and crossing are top draw, and he contributes defensively. Very underated player who should have had a chance for England.

Also as he gets older I can see him in the holding midfielder role spraying balls around ala David Beckham.

Albrighton is key to us, on the right IMO

we always look better with Albrighton in the side. Aside from always giving 100% he is the one who consistently thinks and acts with any sort of urgency and has the ability to play a precise early ball, which is not same as just lumping it forward. Funny how Vardy always seems to look sharper when Albrighton is on the pitch. Probably cos he is the one who is looking to get him away early.

Earlier on in the season there were question marks over both Albrighton and Morgan.
In recent games both have more than shown their worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757