Post Match Leicester 3 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bloody well feel like the oldest living person today having been doing carpentry and floor fitting on a narrow boat all week end.

Well worth the effort when you're doing it for your own comfort but I'm not sure if I would do it for someone else.

We had to move the boat yesterday and only listened to the first half before getting on our way. At 0-0 and weli on top, I just knew the Arse would get a dodgy penalty and win by the single goal. It was an hour after the final whistle when we tied up and I found out how wrong I had been

Now you're pushing it!
:067:

Before Sunday, these were the last times we beat a 'top six' side by a three goal or more margin.

Arsenal - 1983
Chelsea - 1983
Liverpool - 1962
Man City - 2003
Man Utd - 1985
Spurs - 1997

Were any of those clubs 'top six' way back then?
Some. It’s the very definition of a worthless statistic. Only two of these were top six in the season mentioned. The Chelsea game was in Division 2, and they finished 18th. Manchester City, led by Kevin Keegan, finished 16th – probably had at least a little to do with losing heavily to teams that ended up relegated. Spurs finished 14th. Liverpool 8th, four places below us.

Arsenal finished sixth, and United finished 4th.

None of them were in Europe the following season.

Some. It’s the very definition of a worthless statistic.

Piss on my bonfire, why don't you! I never said I was trying to rival Opta.

I was just contemplating our victory and thought that I couldn't remember us beating any of the so-called 'top six' teams by three or more goals since we'd got promoted.

A quick look back over the last five seasons confirmed this so I wondered how long ago we'd done it to Arsenal and then the rest.

Worthless maybe, but I thought it was worth posting.

Indeed, "worthless" makes it all the more important to post. We need more such IMHO. I'd like to see, for example, a correlation made between boot size and 2nd half stoppages for cramp.

Have you seen the stat that shows that we're miles clear at the top of the league if you only count second half away results? That's a corker.

Have you seen the stat that shows that we're miles clear at the top of the league if you only count second half away results? That's a corker.

This:

CropperCapture[723].png

And the second half table for all games. I posted this table a couple of times earlier in the season, even when we were crap we were near the top - probably because we conceded a lot of early goals, so had to go for it in the second half...

CropperCapture[724].png

Indeed, "worthless" makes it all the more important to post. We need more such IMHO. I'd like to see, for example, a correlation made between boot size and 2nd half stoppages for cramp.

I think it was Nigel Farage who said that he considered LCFC are champions of England as he only counts goals that are scored by English players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757