Post Match Leicester 3 Arsenal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance today from most. Backline needs wholesale changes though IMO. Fuchs and Huth leaving - Morgan and Simpson probably need moving on as well. Need a CB, LB and RB in the summer and a replacement for Mahrez.

Snakes
Disruptive
Undermining
Feckin' disgrace
Past it
Get rid of the lot of 'em

It was as though the shackles were off. I think the players went out and played exactly how they wanted to. I expect Puel will try to claim some part in the victory.

I thought we were very good indeed in patches. We had moments of lacklustre nonsense but a complete opposite from the shit served up recently. I mean, it helped that Arsenal were appalling and only had ten men....

I thought Choudhury was very good indeed. Silva much less so. Iheanacho looked great at times and like he'd never seen a football at others.

Pleased switch that.

Jakupovic communication with the defence was important I felt.

Very pleased with Choudhury's performance, covered a lot of ground.

Iheanacho's best performance for us so far.

But exactly the 0-6 I was looking for.

First league win against them since 94? Claude has achieved something that MON, Nige, and Claudio all failed to do. Hopefully that will be a nice last hurrah for him.

Only downside was the crap stream I was watching kept breaking up - only goal I saw was Mahrez's but it was worth it.
WE won, we actually won! Now really looking forward to meeting up with my Gooner Brother-in-law at the weekend!

Arsenal have some lovely forward players but their defence is atrocious.

We played completely differently to how we have for the last few months. Something has been said.

Nice to see a win as I was forgetting what it feels like. Ref spot on with red card but I thought that the penalty was very soft.

I'm sure that is the final time I'll watch the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt and he managed a last-minute trademark goal. I fecking love you Riyad. Best wishes.

First and foremost though, tonight changes nothing. Puel out.

Superb performance.

Very happy to see us do one over Arsenal.

If we beat Spurs then you will be partially forgiven Mr Puel

If the performance tonight was so different from the last 6 months then I suspect it has nothing to do with Puels selection or tactics at all.

Today was a different game. In the short time we had equal numbers we still largely bossed them off the park and had the 1-0 lead, going down to 10 men was born from the pressure we were putting them under. We looked a threat on when in possession all night long. For the neutral it must have been a great watch as well because it was just end to end stuff. Arsenal left more space than we have been used to in recent months and it just plays into that stereotypical Leicester performance.. we need to not change from it or evolve from it but add more quality to it to be a threat against teams that just sit back against us.

I'm in two minds, I still think it'd be a bad idea to give him the boot right now when there is no real need to do so. All the ex pros are coming out and lambasting the idea and if we did do it, whilst I certainly wouldn't miss him by any stretch I'd have a feeling of disappointment about our lack of patience over it. At the same time there are things about Puel I don't like, his quietness, his attempts at trying to excuse a poor performance with a genuine belief that it was actually 'really good' are mind boggling and his failure to garner any positive reaction to a bad performance on numerous occasions have been poor too.

Ultimately I don't think any of the managers I'd see as an improvement such as Wenger are realistic options and those that might be such as Wagner or Silva I just don't rate that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757