Post Match Leicester 3 Arsenal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a different game. In the short time we had equal numbers we still largely bossed them off the park and had the 1-0 lead, going down to 10 men was born from the pressure we were putting them under. We looked a threat on when in possession all night long. For the neutral it must have been a great watch as well because it was just end to end stuff. Arsenal left more space than we have been used to in recent months and it just plays into that stereotypical Leicester performance.. we need to not change from it or evolve from it but add more quality to it to be a threat against teams that just sit back against us.

I'm in two minds, I still think it'd be a bad idea to give him the boot right now when there is no real need to do so. All the ex pros are coming out and lambasting the idea and if we did do it, whilst I certainly wouldn't miss him by any stretch I'd have a feeling of disappointment about our lack of patience over it. At the same time there are things about Puel I don't like, his quietness, his attempts at trying to excuse a poor performance with a genuine belief that it was actually 'really good' are mind boggling and his failure to garner any positive reaction to a bad performance on numerous occasions have been poor too.

Ultimately I don't think any of the managers I'd see as an improvement such as Wenger are realistic options and those that might be such as Wagner or Silva I just don't rate that much...

Spot on!

Very odd behaviour from Gray at the end of the game. Whilst the rest of the players were doing an unofficial lap of honour in front of a hundred times more fans that stayed for the one on Saturday, he made his way quite deliberately straight across the pitch and down the tunnel. Presumably he was trying to make a point of some sort

Glad the team turned up tonight.
They realised perhaps that they couldnt get the manager sacked so we might as well be up for it as there's more kudos beating Arsenal than Wham.
Enough of this BS about the players going in to business for themselves. Do you seriously think they have been performing badly and losing games deliberately and now decided to play well because they couldn’t get what they want? Mate, please, be serious.

Very odd behaviour from Gray at the end of the game. Whilst the rest of the players were doing an unofficial lap of honour in front of a hundred times more fans that stayed for the one on Saturday, he made his way quite deliberately straight across the pitch and down the tunnel. Presumably he was trying to make a point of some sort
Or he wasn’t and there was another totally justified reason we don’t know about.

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy said: "Ahead of the game, we wanted to make sure we were passing the ball forward instead of keeping it at the back, and we have done that tonight. It was important to take some momentum into next season and it was our first win against Arsenal since our return to the Premier League. The last penalty I took against Cech, I went the other way, so I thought I would change it up."

Asked about the supporters' criticism of Claude Puel, Vardy said: "We have got to look at ourselves and the way we have been playing, and it hasn’t been good enough. He wants us to move the ball quicker and we did that tonight.

Puel said after the match that Gray was ill and he hadn't been sure if he'd make the squad.

Something must have been said internally whether that be between the owners and Puel or the players and Puel, because that was chalk and cheese to anything we’ve seen in 2018 and was reminiscent to the glory days of 15/16.

Choudhury and Silva were both phenomenal and completely bossed the midfield. I’ve not been sure of Silva so far as I think he’s a little lightweight, but against the likes of Arsenal I guess that doesn’t matter so much.

But let’s not kid ourselves, although we did really well, we were playing against the worst Arsenal team in Premier League history with only 10 men. The amount of space they allowed our front players was incredible. Their defence was just diabolical and the players showed no fight or bottle whatsoever.

One decent home performance in 4 months changes nothing for me. Puel out.

Touch of class from us City fans with the standing ovation for Wenger. Not sure it would have happened if we were not winning but classy non the less.

Best performance in a City shirt to date by Silva and Kelechi and Choudry is surely a first choice pick now.

As somebody else said, we have now seen City win the top domestic league AND actually beat the Gunners in a league game. Reality finally better than dreams!

In all seriousness though, what actually happened behind the scenes to make such a stark change in play?

It was good of Arsenal to actually come here and play football instead of us playing teams with 10 men behind the ball. I have to say that Choudhury played well. I have to ask, would he have been given the chance under any other manager?

What I’m getting at is that I believe yesterday is only just above the average in terms of how we are capable of playing week in, week out.

Puel looked pleased with how we played as did the players so what is the key point to effect the change?

I have to say that Choudhury played well. I have to ask, would he have been given the chance under any other manager?
Well yes, because the injury crisis would have been the same. Do you think he’d have been given a chance if we weren’t down to the bare bones in central midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757