Post Match Leicester 3 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 points from safety.

Great form Foxes, stunning first half. If I had to gripe, I would ask why Youri and Jamie were left on with 15 to go, but I'm being a dick probably.

Great from the lads. Onwards

Is was the back 4 what won it.

Did all the hard work with a very good performance in the 1st half followed by a professional display in the 2nd. Very good.

Fantastic performance and a great win.

I’ll hold my hands up and say that my criticism of the lineup was completely wrong, but I think my criticism of the setup was bang on. Five at the back against this kind of team at home is completely the wrong thing to do. It has taken far too long for him to realise it, but credit where credit is due, it looks to have finally sunk in and he made the change to a noticeable back four after 25 mins. And guess what, our whole defence were playing in their natural positions, rather than just 40% of it. Unsurprisingly it made us stronger at the back, and gave us more of an attacking threat.

Have to say, I was quite shocked to see the change mid match considering we didn’t do it against the likes of Fulham and West Ham, but hopefully that is the end of it against this kind of opposition.

People wonder why I find this manager so frustrating, and tonight summarises it perfectly. I have found it very frustrating to see us persist with a formation that doesn’t suit our players, makes us play square pegs in round holes, and turns us into a boring team, when we have shown what we can do with four at the back during the 8 in a row last season.

Onwards and upwards.

More wins than anyone else in the league, no more Europe until February.
Pereira, Castagne, Soyuncu, Ndidi coming back fit and into the mix properly in the coming week.
Justin showing serious promise
Fuchs, Albrighton, Schmeichel and Vardy showing them how things are won.
Fofana over his Bieber phase.
Barnes and Under yet to really set light but other teams would rip our arm off for them
Maddison looking like he GETS IT that if he doesn't take the initiative then no one will.
Tielemans just class
Mendy pushing Ndidi all the way for a starting place.
Evans over his post international break blip

A week and 3 wins has changed a lot!

That'll do.

They were poor but then so have other teams been, including us. Did what we had to do, looked sharper than them and took our chances. We looked a bit ropey defensively on occasions would be praps my only serious niggle, but we're starting to play positively and with confidence which is really good to see.

I personally thought Justin was excellent and would be my MotM.

The Amazon coverage was jolly peppy and super duper glad to be there. I don’t know what they put in Alan Shearer’s tea but he wouldn’t shut up in the first half and completely crashed in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263