Post Match Leicester 3 Fulham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huddersfield??

Good 3 points today but not much difference in my opinion, just the standard of opposition has been lower these past 2 home games.

Can't complain at the result but BR has got a lot of work to do on that showing if he is to meet the fans demands of best of the rest next season.

Nice to see us back to the usual Puel formation though.

Very good performance. For me it's the best we've seen since Puel joined for a number of reasons. Okazaki looking more like his old self today. I think the unexpected equalizer spoke volumes for how frail the confidence levels are at both sides at the minute. We were rocked when it went in, Scmeichel and Maguire didn't cover themselves I glory but it's largely the fault of Chilwell who has a habit of getting far too close to players for the sake of getting close rather than having the going in with the conviction to win the ball.

Attacking wise we pinged the ball around faster as Rodgers aluded to after the Watford match. Our pressing is getting better again. With the exception of Gray I think everyone else had a great game a part from that spell after the equalizer where heads dropped....

Vardy with some great finishing on show, you can always rely on him in a one on one and it proves what an absolute waste it is to have him back defending set pieces when we are capable of breaking so effectively.

Huddersfield??

Good 3 points today but not much difference in my opinion, just the standard of opposition has been lower these past 2 home games.

Can't complain at the result but BR has got a lot of work to do on that showing if he is to meet the fans demands of best of the rest next season.

Thanks Claude.

Huddersfield??

Was it Claude who invented 4-2-3-1? I had no idea

Huddersfield??

Apart from Vardy being in free scoring mode, substitutions that not only made sense but made a difference, not conceding first, not capitulating when the pressure was on, Ndidi playing superbly well, the midfield looking to go forward and not backwards, getting a good home win and scoring 3 goals in the process, you're right. Not much difference.

Another level for the most part today.

Anyone saying otherwise has an agenda, which is terribly sad.

The reason it was obviously better is that we had a 25 minute period where we went back to how we've been playing under Puel, and it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Much more purpose on the ball, more movement, quicker forward passing. Miles ****ing better

Chilwell and Gray were absolutely shit, 100% terrible performances.

Just remember folks, you can't beat a DEEP BLOCK

That was the first home game I've enjoyed for ages. Positive football throughout. Thank you.

We weren't great and our confidence remains shaky. As soon as we conceded, our heads went for a while. However, we look like a team that can cause opposition problems again. Vardy is unplayable when treated like the outstanding striker that he is. We'll look back on his career and rue the year or so that his talents were wasted.

Ndidi and Evans were excellent. Tielemans is a wonderful talent. I love watching him play. Barnes could be anything really. How he hasn't got a goal yet is beyond me. And Maddison put in a shift for the first time in ages and played one or two lovely forward balls.

I thought even Okazaki looked more like his old self when he came on. Gray and Chilwell were poo.

In the middle of the second half, several players looked really leggy. I think it was likely due to the change in training from a tactical borefest to being competitive and aggressive. One thing I've thought all season is that we're not fit enough. The players can hide it when our play is pedestrian. It's great to see that Rodgers expects more. It all bodes very well for us for next season.

Nice

A considerable transformation in such a short space of time

Our high pressing game in that first half was really, really top draw, such a pleasure to watch it carried out so effectively.

We were quick and positive in possession and (finally) seeking out Vardy at every opportunity - his work off the ball today was genuinely top class. If you play to that man’s strengths, he will pay you back in spades.

Wouldn’t have seemed wrong to be going in three or four nil up, and we have not said that for what seems like decades.

Second half they came out all guns blazing, and we looked like a rabbit in the headlights. We stopped the forward press and sat back horribly. The defending of Chilwell for their goal was feckin’ awful, and we turned to complete shit for the ten minutes after that.

The subs worked well, although bringing on a petrified turd in place of Gray was always going to improve things, to be honest. He was pathetic

And then we came alive for the last ten minutes, and simply murdered them. Thoroughly deserved goals for Vardy, and I can see him scoring a hatful between now and the end of the season, now we are actually recognising that he’s on the sodding pitch. He was sensational

All in all a very good day at the office for Ted Bodgers, and he will again have learnt much

Fulham, however, were complete and utter turd. But we’ve played against complete and utter turd at home under the last feckwit and lost, so can’t use that as an excuse for how good we looked

Most enjoyable time at the King Power for absolutely feckin ages, and thank feck for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757