Post Match Leicester 3 Fulham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, and that Tielemans / Barnes / Maddison interplay throughout that first half was just lovely

Prediction. Before the end of the season gray won't even feature on the bench and ghezzal will be a regular on the right wing.

Ghezzal was good when he came on, I genuinely believe he could be a very good player for us but certain elements of the crowd need to let him have a proper chance.

Gray on the other hand has had his chance, for many seasons now, and he looks absolutely miles off the required standard. I lost count of how many times he was bullied off the ball and simply gave up possession.

I thought the crowd were shit, considering it was the new mans first home game. Some people need to get with the fact that it's a new start and stop being such miserable shits.

A lot of positives from that. N'didi was back to his best, Tielemans again proved his class, our attack looked exciting, and Vardy looked reborn. Barnes is going to be a special player.

I thought though that we started slowly again, Fulham threatened in the first five minutes and it took us a while to play ourselves into the game. We started the second half similarly, perhaps complacent, and seemed stunned by Fulham's attacks. Again it took a while to play our way back into the game. Better opposition may have punished us again.

Gray seemed out of place in such a dynamic attack, he needs work on the training pitch to get into the same gear as everyone else.

I thought the crowd were shit, considering it was the new mans first home game. Some people need to get with the fact that it's a new start and stop being such miserable shits.

The damage done to the club this season has been significant.

I wouldn't write Gray off yet. I think one thing Puel did have right was that it might be worth playing him in the middle. He's a good finisher but rarely gets the chance to get close to goal when stuck out wide. Problem is we've got Vardy there...

Prediction. Before the end of the season gray won't even feature on the bench and ghezzal will be a regular on the right wing.
Not sure about Gray being sold but spot on with Ghezzal. I said something similar to my lad at half time. He just needs a confidence boost. I heard somewhere that Maddison said Ghezzal was the best player on the ball he'd ever trained with, just hasn't come through on the pitch yet. I've also got high hopes for Nachos under Buck too - someone has seen something in the lad, he just needs to show it to the rest of us.

Apart from Vardy being in free scoring mode, substitutions that not only made sense but made a difference, not conceding first, not capitulating when the pressure was on, Ndidi playing superbly well, the midfield looking to go forward and not backwards, getting a good home win and scoring 3 goals in the process, you're right. Not much difference.
Yes, but apart from that, what have the Romans’ done for us?

Just got back. Plenty of passing but with purpose at times for a change. Happy with that but did think first half we'd have been better starting attacks by giving there defence/keeper the ball as they kept shitting themselves.

Not sure about Gray being sold but spot on with Ghezzal. I said something similar to my lad at half time. He just needs a confidence boost. I heard somewhere that Maddison said Ghezzal was the best player on the ball he'd ever trained with, just hasn't come through on the pitch yet. I've also got high hopes for Nachos under Buck too - someone has seen something in the lad, he just needs to show it to the rest of us.

Pressing from the front, passing the ball forwards in midfield, trying to slip the ball behind the defence at every opportunity to play to our best strikers strengths. What a breath of fresh air. Although let’s face it, it really wasn’t rocket science.

We need to throw the cheque book at Tielemans in the summer. He really is different gravy.

why wouldn't Gray feature on the bench given we only have 3 fit wingers?

He didn't have the best of games but I thought Joe Bryan had a really good game at left back and Gray carried on trying and worked his balls off, something he is often accused of not doing. On another day it will work better for him.

Barnes had much more joy on the other wing everything he did seemed to come off and only denied a goal by a top save, no doubt playing against someone as useless as Odoi helped his confidence. He really does look to be a really special talent.

As for their goal, Chilwell got done, unusually for him this season, that said both Maguire and Kasper will feel they should have done a lot better.

My main gripe is far too often Maguire or Evans will have the ball and look up and no one is running, this is something that Brendan really needs to work on.

LOOKING AT THINGS AS THEY STAND AT PRESENT.RODGERS HAS A BIT OF TWIIKING TO DO BUT IM SURE HE WILL GET THINGS RIGHT.MY BIGGEST WORRY IS KASPER HES A GREAT STOPPER, BUT CROSSES,HES RUBBISH.AND HIS DISTRIBUTION IS CRAP. I REALLY THINK HE NEEDS TO GET A HOLD OF HISSELF INSTEAD OFGIVING SILLY POINTS AWAY LIKE HE DID LAST WEEK.WE NEARLY HAD ANOTHER YESTERDAY YOUR NOT THE BLOODY GREATEST .KASPER.THINK ABOUT IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757