Post Match Leicester 3 Huddersfield 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did we play really well or were Huddersfield just complete crap?

We know Mahrez can be brilliant against any level of opposition, but was it the same for Slimani's performance?

We know Mahrez can be brilliant against any level of opposition, but was it the same for Slimani's performance?
Both. Slimani was very good but he still has a clumsy look about him.

Possession for the most part was 50/50 and the Terriers looked dangerous at times in the first 45. They still had their tails up after 1-0 and maybe 2-0 but we seemed to dispossess them easily. Only one attempt on goal for them I can remember and Kasper certainly wasn't tested.

Huddersfield were the worst opponents I've seen since Brighton early in the season. The newly promoted sides all look very poor to me and I'm very surprised that they're doing as comparatively well as they are.

Mahrez was indeed brilliant although he also drifted out of the game at times. I'm back into the fingers crossed time hoping that we get to see him again. Every game could again be the final time we see him in a City shirt. I heard Puel asked about his future after the game and he was far from reassuring.

Slimani did exceptionally well. His attitude and determination in the first half impressed me most when all around him were tired and clueless colleagues. In the second half, he was superb. In fact, he made me wonder if sometimes we wouldn't be a better side without Vardy. I don't really think so but we sacrifice a lot to play to Vardy's strengths/style.

He very rarely gets criticism but today Okazaki was terrible. Awful passing, movement and composure. Also a couple of terrible dives that deserved bookings. My other gripe is with our determination not to play Albrighton on the right and Mahrez on the left, even for periods of games. With a target man in the centre, the wingers should have been on the 'right' sides and I think many more chances/goals could have come as a result.

Morgan has done his hamstring which looks like a few weeks out. We may want to put Huth in at the weekend for a run out.

I wish I lived in Huddersfield; it is not often people say that. If I lived in Huddersfield I could have got to the King Power Stadium which I could not get to from Aylestone Village,

No doubt the Huddersfield coaches went happily down the Aylestone Road which is more than the 84 and 85 buses did. I thought of thumbing a lift from a Huddersfield coaxh but doubt whether they would have stopped for me.

Usually I like tradition. However, judging by how full the buses usually are on match days the tradition of having games when there is no public transport inconveniences a lot of people.
David, I don't know how old you are, or anything about your physical condition,

I was going to add surely you could walk to the KP from Aylestone, I used to live there, so I know how far it is. How's the Black Horse by the way?

He made 31 passes. 29 of them reached their target. That's a 94% success rate. Did you watch a different game?

No I didn't and those stats just show how pointless they are.

He had the ball so many times and it ended up with the opposition rather than a team mate. Just because he wasn't good enough to be classed as misplacing passes doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly wasteful. The ball went to him and then the move ended over and over again.

Okazaki has been really good this season but he stood out for all the wrong reasons today.

No I didn't and those stats just show how pointless they are.

He had the ball so many times and it ended up with the opposition rather than a team mate. Just because he wasn't good enough to be classed as misplacing passes doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly wasteful. The ball went to him and then the move ended over and over again.

Okazaki has been really good this season but he stood out for all the wrong reasons today.

So when you talk about passing, you don't actually mean passing. Are there any other football terms you don't know the meaning of?

He made 31 passes. 29 of them reached their target. That's a 94% success rate. Did you watch a different game?

It's Shinji. 30 of those passes were intended as shots. He doesn't mean to do any of the wonderful things he does.

Have to agree with BN that stats can be misleading on their own and Okazaki was very frustrating to watch and wasteful today.

Have to agree with BN that stats can be misleading on their own

They can if you misuse them. or misunderstand them.

Okazaki was dispossessed five times today, more than any other player. Slimani was next, on four, Mahrez was dispossessed twice, no one else more than once.

So it's fair to criticise him for being dispossessed, it happened far more today than usual (his average for the season is 1.4). But that's not the same thing as bad passing. His pass completion rate today was 94%, which is way better than his season average of 73%.

Slimani was ace today and offered us a far more rounded and complete option compared to Vardy who in my opinion isn't doing enough in his overall game to help the team.

Some people think he's beyond criticism and that anyone who thinks he has limitations should just shut up and worship.

He offers us so much, but not enough in our current style of play.

Slimani was a top stand in today.

If anything I think Shinji was a little greedy today. A typical bustling performance but he had the opportunity to play Slimani through with an early ball a few times but instead dawdled or made the wrong pass. Maybe his self preservation instinct got the better of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757