Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't believe he has gone under the radar for so long, just hope he's still studying and we finish top 4 as there must be a host of teams queuing up to try and sign him.

Anyone able to check how many points we dropped when he has been injued Vs how many dropped when Vardy has been injured?

I reckon it's more dropped without Wilf as I'd say he is the real key to our success.

From Henry Winter's column in the Times today

Wilfred Ndidi is the repossession man. The Leicester City midfielder kept recovering the ball against Liverpool, stretching out a leg, being too strong, agile or quick for — deep breath — James Milner, then Roberto Firmino, Curtis Jones, Mohamed Salah, Thiago Alcântara, Sadio Mané, Thiago, Thiago, Thiago, Jones, Mané, Thiago, Mané, Firmino, Jones, Thiago, Thiago, Firmino, Firmino, Firmino, Thiago, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and then finishing off in style with an assist for Harvey Barnes.

Brilliant article about the way our tactical change to a diamond won the game as much as the errors by Liverpool. On The Athletic.

Apparently, PGMOL are maintaining that this decision was correct but it isn't. Amartey was indeed offside. They drew the line on his sleeve wrong.

1613479269707.png

Apparently, PGMOL are maintaining that this decision was correct but it isn't. Amartey was indeed offside. They drew the line on his sleeve wrong.

View attachment 15826

There's no way anyone can definitively say what's offside or not with this set up, in close situations like this. The drawing of the lines, the exact frame when the ball is played that is used to analyse the offside, they're all best guesses. To try to claim that this is an exact science is ridiculous, so all we can go on is what the referees (be they on the pitch, assistants, or in the VAR rooms), decide on the day.

Are we going to have a Premier league shirt that is sleeveless?

Also, if there really are any Liverpool fans still pursuing this, then they really are sad, desperate, twats.

Give them 20 seconds to look at it. If it's not obviously offside, it's onside. Benefit of doubt to the attacking team.
The offside law is about players gaining an advantage by being in an offside position, there's no advantage when you're offside by a millimetre.
I'm sure I heard them talking on Sky about the set up in Holland and suggesting that they use thicker lines and if any parts of the line are touching, they give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. I could have misheard it though.

I'm sure I heard them talking on Sky about the set up in Holland and suggesting that they use thicker lines and if any parts of the line are touching, they give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. I could have misheard it though.
Heard the same and thought it sounded a marvellous idea.

He was onside afterall.

Attachments

• 1613479269707.png
    1613479269707.png
    928.2 KB · Views: 18
Offside? He shoulda been ticketed for parking on a yellow.

That's what football needs, more meter maids. Sod VAR.

They drew the line on his sleeve wrong.
It's not drawn on his sleeve. It's drawn on his knee which was the furthest forward point of his body with which he could play the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757