Post Match Leicester 3 Zorya Luhansk 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Routine.

Well played after a shaky start. Barnes motm for me.
nice to see Vards, Ricky p, Soyuncu etc all watching.
Quality.

Braga won by the same score

Could have been very different if they had got that first goal though. Barnes immense though. Ran them ragged.

totally agree on the ref. great judgement and management of the game. Mendy, Fuchs, Big Wes and Nacho will be big for us in Europe. Fofana is Van Dijk reincarnate. Barnes could be the white John Barnes if he keeps progressing.

Tielemans runs like Tom McKean tying up at the end of an 800m race.

Good performance - nice result with a clean sheet.
Rodgers gave Zorya a sporting chnace with our substitions, but they failed to capitalise.

A lot of our so called elite refs could learn a thing or two from tonight’s ref. She let the game flow and didn’t stop it every time someone rolled in agony like they’d been shot.
I wish I could do more than just like this. The refereeing and decisions this evening made an absolute mockery of VAR. Whilst there weren’t any controversial incidents, I’d feel confident that team would have called them right.

Fofana is a baller.

Special mention for Mendy too. He’s done really well since the start of the season.

I thought that was one of Mendy's sloppier games for us as he gave the ball away quite a few times and misplaced passes too. Not a bad performance but not in the MoTM contenders for me.

Barnes had a good game after the goal and look dangerous most of the time.

Nachos for me though - a goal and 2 assists, can't ask for much more than that. Also showed some excellent link up and hold up play again and yet again showed he is a very good back up option for Vardiniho.

Oh and Fofana looks pretty awesome so far too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757