Post Match Leicester 3 Zorya Luhansk 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our so called elite refs could learn a thing or two from tonight’s ref. She let the game flow and didn’t stop it every time someone rolled in agony like they’d been shot.
You'll always get that with female refs. "What is it then, man flu? Get the **** up & run it off"

Interesting formation tweak second half playing Barnes as a striker alongside Nacho, gives us a runner in behind we lack when Vardy is out

Interesting formation tweak second half playing Barnes as a striker alongside Nacho, gives us a runner in behind we lack when Vardy is out
I'm not sure Barnes' finishing is (yet) good enough for that to work in the PL, but if he can improve on that (and to be fair he did finish really well last night) he's going to be a heck of a player soon.

It is of course nice to be on the right end of a 3 nothing scoreline but I'm not as hugely impressed by our performance as others seem to be.

They had good possession and some decent players but only really worried us when we feigned to shoot ourselves in the foot (feet?) 3-0 shouldn't have flattered us... yet it did.

We had some standout individual performances and clicked in patches as a team (plus in the context of were we are it has to be considered 'on the right road') but I'm cautious of overstating it. Arsenal could be down to earth with a bump.

Happy with the result obviously but, tbh, if we hadn't beaten them then I'd be frikkin' fuming.

Until we scored it looked like we were going to struggle, but the goal gave us confidence and we grew from there. I felt we were dominant in the second half without needing to get into top gear.

Iheanacho man of the match for me, 2 assists and a goal is great, but his all round play was very good, he was linking up well, good movement and even winning headers.

Yep, got the feeling that if Kasper didn't make that save it could have been a very different story.

The goal certainly set us on our way and also seemed to knock a bit out of them too.

It was so refreshing to watch a game without VAR and be able to celebrate a goal when it actually goes in again.

Oooo that's reminded me of another thing I love.

Sky box office game
19:15 Sunday
VAR in force

Can't ****ing wait. Gonna be an absolute jaw dropping spectacle.

19.15 on a Sunday?!

I don’t believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861