Post Match Leicester 4 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Regards to handballs/shoulder, perhaps kits should have a clear line to help Var?

It was a handball all day long. He was looking at the ball and threw his arm out in an attempt to block it. Compare that to Praet's apparent handball against Man City when he wasn't even looking at the ball.

In that case perhaps we should consult no one on the subject. But it might be easier to actually think about it for ourselves.
Now that you have described it anatomically it makes sense and I am glad I came to the same conclusion even without your expert knowledge.
However, the pundits and commentators have varying different opinions on these sorts of decisions regardless of VAR. I can't see that ever changing unless things are decided by Artificial Intelligence and not humans.

Are people seriously suggesting JJ is ahead of Chilwell now after only one game??

One game whereby the opposition literally offered no attacking threat whatsoever.

Looks a good prospect but impossible to judge against the standard of opposition we witnessed yesterday.
Perhaps they wouldn't if Chilwell hadnt been ****ing useless for the vast majority of this season. I don't care what others can see in him, he hasn't improved as a defender at all in 3 years. If anything he's gone backwards since becoming Billy Big Bollocks. I'd be more than happy for him to go in the summer and should he go to a 'big club' he will either blossom and mature or, as is my gut instinct, he will flatter to deceive as he has done for us before being benched.

Look, I think he's a talented footballer but he's shown no sign of improving as a defender. We either need to work on converting him to a winger or we have to play a defensively minded player in front of him all the time which is just illogical. I'd play JJ in the next few games simply because, defensively, it's impossible for him to be as ineffective as Chilwell has been in that position. It might also show Chilwell that there is competition for his place and then he will have to step up to the plate and play how we know he can more than for a quarter of the season, if that.

For me, it's not a question of whether justin or chilwell is the better left back.
It's about who also helps get the best out of the winger in front of him.

For me, it's not a question of whether justin or chilwell is the better left back.
It's about who also helps get the best out of the winger in front of him.
I guess that's part of what I am trying to say. If we play Chilwell at LB, it's pointless playing Barnes in front of him. We'd need to play someone who is happy to spend half the game defending when Chilwell goes walkabout and who is happy doubling up with Chilwell to defend because he doesn't know how to block a cross. It seems a waste of a position, given that Chilwell's final product when he does get forward, is often not that great.

Perhaps they wouldn't if Chilwell hadnt been ****ing useless for the vast majority of this season. I don't care what others can see in him, he hasn't improved as a defender at all in 3 years. If anything he's gone backwards since becoming Billy Big Bollocks. I'd be more than happy for him to go in the summer and should he go to a 'big club' he will either blossom and mature or, as is my gut instinct, he will flatter to deceive as he has done for us before being benched.

Look, I think he's a talented footballer but he's shown no sign of improving as a defender. We either need to work on converting him to a winger or we have to play a defensively minded player in front of him all the time which is just illogical. I'd play JJ in the next few games simply because, defensively, it's impossible for him to be as ineffective as Chilwell has been in that position. It might also show Chilwell that there is competition for his place and then he will have to step up to the plate and play how we know he can more than for a quarter of the season, if that.
You have to either have a very skewed definition of ****ing useless or not understand the words to describe Chilwell that way for this season. He has up and downs and is by no means player of the season, but neither is he ****ing useless.

Like Vardy I suspect Chilwell has been carrying an injury for a while, if he is then play Justin

Barnes was a different player with JJ behind him.

Im not sure how they manage to have a better on field link-up than him and Chilwell so quickly but it says a lot to me.

I have a feeling its JJ that has the brighter future.

Here is how i saw the game;

First 15 mins were nervy and we looked like we could be in for a tough night.
We started to impose ourselves on the game from there on and Villa did very little to trouble us. We looked far more like the team of 3 months ago.

However, the penalty completely changed the game - it meant Villa went two up top and as soon as that happened Barnes and Vardy had an absolute field day and exploited the space.

Justin was good - But looked too tire (understandably) in the second half. He certainly looks like a prospect.

popillius popillius I know you don't rate Chilwell and haven't for a while. But personally I think you've forgot how much he has improved this year and last. He's came on leap and bounds and I think he has all the attributes to continue to improve. Wishing away players like Chilwell is not going to help us in the future.

Here is how i saw the game;

First 15 mins were nervy and we looked like we could be in for a tough night.
We started to impose ourselves on the game from there on and Villa did very little to trouble us. We looked far more like the team of 3 months ago.

However, the penalty completely changed the game - it meant Villa went two up top and as soon as that happened Barnes and Vardy had an absolute field day and exploited the space.

Justin was good - But looked too tire (understandably) in the second half. He certainly looks like a prospect.

popillius popillius I know you don't rate Chilwell and haven't for a while. But personally I think you've forgot how much he has improved this year and last. He's came on leap and bounds and I think he has all the attributes to continue to improve. Wishing away players like Chilwell is not going to help us in the future.
How has he improved defensively? He's a liability. Make him a winger or let him go. Whether or not you think he's a world class player, he hasn't been and shows no sign of being one, for us. I really don't get this stuff about how much he's improved. He has certainly improved over the last, say, five years perhaps, in total, but he has stagnated over the past 18 months at least and, defensively, is absolutely nothing like the quality we need in that position. Take the cash and laugh all the way to the bank.

You have to either have a very skewed definition of ****ing useless or not understand the words to describe Chilwell that way for this season. He has up and downs and is by no means player of the season, but neither is he ****ing useless.
No. He's been ****ing useless in a lot of games as in, he's been of no use. A dustbin weighed down by a rock could have defended better sometimes.

Jeez man, has he ****ed your Mrs or something??

3rd in the PL and we got there by having a shite LB??

He's not long turned 23, barely played 100 senior games and you want to write him off already?

Chilwell's problem was he came into the team and looked very promising but as he is not the best LB in the world now after only 3-4 years, he now shite.

Look at people wanking themselves silly after just 2 PL appearances for JJ - the same thing will happen to him as people only seem to be able to lable players the next best thing or just shite with no in-between.

JJ's appearances have been against West Ham (in Pellegrini's last game before being sacked) and then at home to Villa who had a whole 4 touches in our box for the whole game.

Whilst he does look very impressive, it is hardly the greatest litmus test.

Why not just be happy that we have 2/3 excellent options for one position??

Chilwell is a top player but he comes with some frustrations. His delivery in the final third is not yet consistent. He has a habit of turning inside and is very one footed. He is also not the greatest tackler.
In summary, plenty to work on but plenty of promise.

Now that you have described it anatomically it makes sense and I am glad I came to the same conclusion even without your expert knowledge.
However, the pundits and commentators have varying different opinions on these sorts of decisions regardless of VAR. I can't see that ever changing unless things are decided by Artificial Intelligence and not humans.
Most pundits and commentator's do not know the laws of the game.

He's not long turned 23, barely played 100 senior games and you want to write him off already?

Chilwell's problem was he came into the team and looked very promising but as he is not the best LB in the world now after only 3-4 years, he now shite.

Look at people wanking themselves silly after just 2 PL appearances for JJ - the same thing will happen to him as people only seem to be able to lable players the next best thing or just shite with no in-between.

JJ's appearances have been against West Ham (in Pellegrini's last game before being sacked) and then at home to Villa who had a whole 4 touches in our box for the whole game.

I’d take a Valium if I were you.

Not that I’m aware of. I barely get the chance these days so good luck to the lad if he has. It’ll be one of the few penetrations he has made this year.

Ah, so that’s the paradigm. League position indicates how good every one of your players are without exception. Ritchie De Laet must be a better RB than Ricardo then as he won the league. I’m also assuming David May is better than Soyuncu and that Aliadiere is on the same level as Vardy based on that logic. A team is responsible for league position, he’s been lucky that the rest of his have stepped up for the most part this year.

100 senior games and he still can’t defend. Why is his age constantly used as an excuse. I’m pretty sure Junior Lewis was as rubbish when he was young as he was when he was older. I couldn’t care less about his age if he is not showing any signs of learning his lessons or changing his game to become better at defending, tackling or delivering a ball. I’m not writing him off entirely, he may make a very good winger. A defender he ain’t, however.

Nobody anywhere has said he should be the best in the world. Or the best in the league. The best in the squad would ****ing do but that’s debatable.

I’ve not seen anyone wanking themselves silly other than homer at one of his parties and that is to be expected. I’ve seen a few people say how well he played. That cannot be argued with. I think you’re getting a little hysterical now sunshine.

Chilwell was useless against sides just as bad. I don’t see your point. He came in to do a job, he did that job well. Simple really.

I didn’t say it was. Nobody did. Perhaps that’s why some of us want him to start the next few games; you know, so we can see how he does. A litmus test if you will...

I am very happy that we have an up and coming LB who might prove to be a good acquisition but I’m not counting any chickens as we haven’t seen enough of him. I’m not glad to be watching our current LB make the same mistakes game in game out for the past two seasons.

Like I said in previous posts, Chilwell may well be a good player but he’s just not right for us at the moment as we need a reliable defender on the left to allow Barnes to blossom into the fantastic attacking player he has the potential to be. Good luck to the lad if he moves on but I’ve doubts over whether he will ever really become a great defender, albeit that he may develop into a very good wide player.

I think a few of you need to go for a bowling team bonding session.

Chilwell needs to work on his defending for sure. JJ needs more games before we ca judge him but his first two were amazing. £60m for Chilwell? I'd take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263