Post Match Leicester 4 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good. We can't keep playing Justin at LB though surely?

Great attacking play, particularly second half.

Barnes and Castagne the stand out performers, but Praet and Youri were both very good too.

2 wins from 2. Exactly what we needed to gain some confidence.

I was excited by this team tonight. Our two worst players tonight were Justin and Perez, who won't be starters when Ricardo and Ünder are ready.

I think NcNeil looked ok. You can see the potential there but that's mainly what it is for now. Castagne had him in his pocket all game..

Can't really complain about the result. We're always going to be out hustled by more physical sides, we just have to learn to cope with that. At 3-2, I thought we were going to throw it away again.

JJ had a 'mare - he's having a wobble. Positioning suspect and easily played off the ball. Maybe he needs a little time on the bench, Fuchs being the most obvious replacement at LB.

Perez does too much when he deigns to do anything. I like his skills (with the ball at his feet, he's magic) and he arguably made Justin's goal, but he is too often absent or, if not, tends to over complicate.

But the guts of the team looks good and when we click, it looks polished. I can't wait for this Under chap to add a bit of sparkle.

Always needed to get 6 points from these games. We've looked good in bits & pieces & thats been enough against a piss poor West Brom & a Burnley side with players missing. Massive improvement needed though to avoid getting bummed next week.

As for today, worth watching for the Tielemans pass alone ! For what it's worth I'd have given Castagne MOTM rather than Barnes. Looks like we've got a good un there which doesn't surprise me considering where we got him from. That Atalanta team are seriously good & I can see a lot of bigger clubs than us grabbing their players.

Fuchs or Thomas should come in at left back for me, Justin isn't cutting it for me right now despite his goal

Very pleased with that.

Castagne is looking like a magnificent signing, defends and attacks with quality.

Mendy was excellent, one thing he does better than Ndidi is his movement off the ball to give an option for passes, he didn't stop moving all night.

Barnes looked very dangerous.

It was pleasing to see that we could create goals even when the opposition keep Vardy quiet.

Justin was getting out muscled all game, he's not small but he needs to be more aggressive.

Fact is, we haven't really played well in these first two matches. We've been okay but miles below our best.

We are now a PL side that win without playing well and accumulate points quite easily.

Add in Ricardo, Evans, Maddison, Under, and maybe a couple more and we are going to challenge at the top end again. The standard in the PL is not strong enough to stop us.

we cant shift Castagne to accomodate Justin. unless the intention is to play Castagne at left back all along.

the renewal of Papy Mendy's contract has turned out to be a very good bit of business, we now have a reliable back up to Wilf

I thoroughly enjoyed that. For all his experience Kasper can't kick for shite. Why hasn't Fuchs been employed as a throw in coach?

Barnes looked unplayable at times - he really could turn into something amazing
Praet was commanding and wonderful
Castagne looks a steal - everything he does is good
Soyuncu stood up well and was excellent
Mendy ran himself into the ground

We looked very, very good at times. Other times we shat ourselves

Justin simply isn’t good enough at left back, and that’s that

Top of the League FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts