Post Match Leicester 4 Nottingham Forest 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've forgotten how it works: now that we've been bottom, will we win the league this season or next?...

Confidence boosting win and clean sheet. We need to keep up that work rate but winnable games ahead.

****ing brilliant result. Badly needed. Generally our work rate was very good and our match winners played well.

They are appalling…that’s at least one team worse than us. Just need to find two more.

We are still far too open at the back, pushing our full backs too far on and exposing Ward (who doesn’t need the help).

Wout looks good.

Have to build on that.

Forest were hopeless. Completely and utterly hopeless. We played exceptionally well in the first half. We weren't anything like as good in the second but they didn't really cause us any issues of note.

Maddison was absolutely sublime. An exceptional performance. Faes and Castagne were very good and I though Ndidi broke up play really well. It was very nice to see Vardy making some good runs but his finishing was poor. Soumare looked very neat indeed when he came on and Daka scored a cracker.

Negatives? Well, Forest were complete shit but could and probably should have scored two. Evans was just a complete shambles at times as was Justin. Barnes scored a brilliant goal and had some lovely moments but he loses the ball too many times. He must sort that out.

Ward is under the spotlight of course but I think some of the reactions to his game tonight were OTT. He made a couple of really good stops but his positioning at times was difficult to fathom. That's a problem when better teams attack us at pace.

Wish I'd have been there. Might set fire to the wife's practice later.

Great result and performance. It’s hard to tell if we’ve slightly turned a corner considering how shit Forest were. Absolute relegation fodder. I just hope we don’t join them.

We need to back it up now. We have 4 very winnable games coming up.

Madders will be playing somewhere else next season. Fair ****s to the lad if he keeps us up. He clearly wanted to stay on for the hattrick but can understand (other than Brendan wants out, obvs) why we'd take him off. How the **** were we bottom when Forest are in the league? They were absolutely shite like you rarely see.

Forest were absolutely woeful. There promoted team would have shat on that team tonight.

Expected goals 1.33 v 1.10. The different was the quality of finishing tonight.

I think that told us what we already knew.

Out attacking players can be excellent. We have a huge talent in Madison and will score goals.

But we look a shambles at the back at times. I'm not convinced Faes will be the defensive answer we want. Hopefully the few errors we've seen are him settling in. Great on the ball through.
Evans still looks ****ed to me. And Ndidi is not the same player he was two seasons ago. This mean we leave ourselves wide open again and again. You seem to only need to beat one player and our entire defence opens up. That's not team defending that's individuals...

lovely job a win is a win and beating them was the icing on the cake, for me the next 4 games are critical for BR, a minimum of 9 out of 12 points will secure his job. How the **** Southgate can overlook Maddison is bewildering!

I think that told us what we already knew.

Out attacking players can be excellent. We have a huge talent in Madison and will score goals.

But we look a shambles at the back at times. I'm not convinced Faes will be the defensive answer we want. Hopefully the few errors we've seen are him settling in. Great on the ball through.
Evans still looks ****ed to me. And Ndidi is not the same player he was two seasons ago. This mean we leave ourselves wide open again and again. You seem to only need to beat one player and our entire defence opens up. That's not team defending that's individuals...
I think Faes looks excellent. He's as aggressive as Soyuncu but seems to have a brain in his head. He'll be a very good player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363