Post Match Leicester 4 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it could easily have been 5-5

Watford didn't stand a snowball's chance !
Nice one, boys! Now go and get your Bovril before it gets cold

Some real positives:

Maddison absolutely excellent. Vardy lethal. Lookman a threat throughout.

I actually think Thomas was about our best player today. A really mature performance from him.

My biggest grievance, aside from our chaotic defending, is Kaspers distribution which is becoming a real issue.

that said, really important couple of wins this week. Onwards!

Some real positives:

Maddison absolutely excellent. Vardy lethal. Lookman a threat throughout.

I actually think Thomas was about our best player today. A really mature performance from him.

My biggest grievance, aside from our chaotic defending, is Kaspers distribution which is becoming a real issue.

that said, really important couple of wins this week. Onwards!

Agree with this, although I will say that Soyuncu started to look like he's getting back to where he should be as the game progressed.

Obviously Vardy was fantastic. Maddison and Thomas the other standouts for me. I’ve always criticized Maddison for not scoring or creating goals when we really need him to; not today! He was excellent. Thomas had a faultless performance and on that form should keep his place, even if/when Ricardo is back. I though Soumare was good too.

Clear penalty for their first and it wasn’t a foul on Castagne. We still give up way too many chances though.

I'll take the win but that game could easily have gone the other way. Today, we had Vardy on form (he seemed up for it, especially running to the dugout to celebrate his first - message to Claudio?). If Vardy had been swapped for King, Watford would have won this one. And King played well I thought.

Maddison was very good in the first half and then faded. Soyuncu and Thomas were solid. Ndidi and Soumare were both at times good and at times totally useless. Schmeichel was pretty horrific once again, including a couple of classic errors in distribution and failing to come off his line.

Ultimately, it was a Championship standard match between two poor sides that cannot defend to save their lives. Fortunately, we had a class player and that's why we won.

What I want to know is, has Ranieri ever watched us play?
Why the **** did Watfud play such a high defensive line? Madness!

Well, Soumare had a better second half than first but it would have been almost impossible for him to be any worse. Ndidi also stunk out the place for large proportions of the game and those two together just lump pressure onto the back four by either losing the ball too easily, not breaking down play fast enough or not holding the ball up properly. Those two together really isn't a good idea.

Maddison and Vardy were excellent throughout and Lookman also continued to look threatening until he was taken off. That was his best performance for us since joining. Thomas and Castagne were very good and did well both defensively, for the most part, and going forward. There were however, holes appearing all over our back four during the first half and a better team would have put us to the sword. Some of the positioning from our CBs was very suspect during the first 45.

I still think it was a foul on Castagne for their second but to be fair, I could see very little on the stream I was watching so I'll reserve full judgemement. Anyway, 3 points, another win and no one added to our injury list. Not a bad day at the office.

We were pretty poor first half, aside from the last 10 minutes or so of it where we were actually pretty great. Second half was a bit of a write off performance wise given the abnormal conditions.

A few players starting to get closer to what we saw from them in the last few seasons.. has been a notable uptick from a few important players such as Maddison and Soyuncu in the last few games.

Well, Soumare had a better second half than first but it would have been almost impossible for him to be any worse. Ndidi also stunk out the place for large proportions of the game and those two together just lump pressure onto the back four by either losing the ball too easily, not breaking down play fast enough or not holding the ball up properly. Those two together really isn't a good idea.

Maddison and Vardy were excellent throughout and Lookman also continued to look threatening until he was taken off. That was his best performance for us since joining. Thomas and Castagne were very good and did well both defensively, for the most part, and going forward. There were however, holes appearing all over our back four during the first half and a better team would have put us to the sword. Some of the positioning from our CBs was very suspect during the first 45.

I still think it was a foul on Castagne for their second but to be fair, I could see very little on the stream I was watching so I'll reserve full judgemement. Anyway, 3 points, another win and no one added to our injury list. Not a bad day at the office.
Evans hurt his thigh in the first half and carried it for the rest of the game

Obviously Vardy was fantastic. Maddison and Thomas the other standouts for me. I’ve always criticized Maddison for not scoring or creating goals when we really need him to; not today! He was excellent. Thomas had a faultless performance and on that form should keep his place, even if/when Ricardo is back. I though Soumare was good too.

Clear penalty for their first and it wasn’t a foul on Castagne. We still give up way too many chances though.
Cags made exactly the same challenge and was penalised for it so a lack of consistency for me.

Bobbins quality game in which the two genuinely top class players (Maddison and Vardy) stood head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Everyone else were pretty bang average, in my opinion - anyone out of the top 6/7 would have stuffed us today. And that includes Spuds, who I think are complete wank.

Defensively we are a complete shower, driven by Schmeichel‘s complete and total awfulness which makes them all completely shit themselves. Their indecisiveness and panic comes directly from him. Today this was made worse by an off-form Ndidi, and Soumare who was either hiding from being available for the ball or was hopelessly the wrong side of the player, allowing them to virtually run across the pitch unchallenged. I think he’s an awful player, I really do.

Luckily Watford are as equally shit at the back and in deep midfield, which let Madders and Vardy just go do their stuff - and they were both ****ing brilliant today.

Nice result, but deep down we all know that most of the team weren’t at it today. Onwards and upwards….

Soumare was really poor today. Body language made him appear unwilling to work hard enough. Castagne is a hard bastard. Fearless.

I thought it was great fun - one of the most entertaining matches I've seen us play in a while. The shite defending from both sides, the crunching tackles, the not being able to see what the **** was going on in the second half.

We show more creativity in our back line as we are pressed by the opposition and need to put together a passing move to get out of trouble than our forwards have all match

Soumare was really poor today. Body language made him appear unwilling to work hard enough. Castagne is a hard bastard. Fearless.
I think that’s part of the problem. There’s a few times where he just sort of ambles. He either doesn’t sense danger, hasn’t caught up to the pace of the league yet, or he’s, well, not very good.

I still think he has the background and quality to vastly improve. That said, Praet out on loan, 20M on Soumare in looks like an increasingly strange decision. Second only to our Saints “raid”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263