Post Match Leicester 4 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the criticism of Soumare is well over the top.

He's a good player. Undoubtedly, he will improve his weaker areas because you can see that he has the capability.

The problem is that we need him to be immediately very good and he isn't ready for that. We're also expecting too much of him. He's expected to do everything in midfield. We know Ndidi can't pass or shoot for example so nobody expects it of him. Soumare is an all rounder who is learning several things all at the same time.

The best thing we can do as fans is get off his back.

He was getting a good bollocking for his poor work rate at times yesterday from his teammates

He's a good player. Undoubtedly, he will improve his weaker areas because you can see that he has the capability.

The problem is that we need him to be immediately very good and he isn't ready for that. We're also expecting too much of him. He's expected to do everything in midfield. We know Ndidi can't pass or shoot for example so nobody expects it of him. Soumare is an all rounder who is learning several things all at the same time.

Having been the one who made the Hamza comment I would also like to add I’ve far from written Soumare off. very much for the reasons above. The criticism of some who have seen the last few matches has been quite intense though so I do wonder if it’s best to stick for now or take him away from the firing line.

Brilliant post BN. I'm sure when Wes is back in the team he'll be more consistent, if selected.

I don't think anyone is writing Soumare off. It's about basing an opinion on evidence and the evidence so far isn't in his favour. He's often very lazy, some of his passing is abhorrent, he doesn't look to do anything other than make a short pass backwards or sideways and, quite frankly, other than a decent second half against a pretty shite opponent, he has been worse than average.

He may get better. He may be great. At the moment however, nobody can say with any conviction based on evidence, that he's an improvement on Mendy or Praet. Him and Ndidi together looks like a miserable combination and it surely has to be one or the other.

KDH deserves to start ahead of Soumare on Wednesday, simply based on the fact that when he has entered the game during the last couple of matches, he has been infinitely more effective than Soumare. I hope Soumare comes good but at the moment, there is little evidence as to whether he can cut it or whether he's another Praet/Mendy/Silva type. I guess time will tell but I wouldn't place more that 50p on him coming good at the moment.

I don't think anyone is writing Soumare off. It's about basing an opinion on evidence and the evidence so far isn't in his favour. He's often very lazy, some of his passing is abhorrent, he doesn't look to do anything other than make a short pass backwards or sideways and, quite frankly, other than a decent second half against a pretty shite opponent, he has been worse than average.

He may get better. He may be great. At the moment however, nobody can say with any conviction based on evidence, that he's an improvement on Mendy or Praet. Him and Ndidi together looks like a miserable combination and it surely has to be one or the other.

KDH deserves to start ahead of Soumare on Wednesday, simply based on the fact that when he has entered the game during the last couple of matches, he has been infinitely more effective than Soumare. I hope Soumare comes good but at the moment, there is little evidence as to whether he can cut it or whether he's another Praet/Mendy/Silva type. I guess time will tell but I wouldn't place more that 50p on him coming good at the moment.

Yep. Hopefully the lad comes good but he looks proper half arsed and can't get away with it because basic shit like controlling or passing the ball looks an effort. I've not watched a second of French football so can't be as confident as others that he's going to be decent.

Spending a shit tonne of money to replace Praet with Soumare, whilst still having no decent right wing options, is one hell of a **** up.

I'm completely unconvinced about KDH so far.

Yep. He clearly desperately wants to do well but he's incredibly naive for someone only one year younger than Tielemans.

As I've said before, the fact that he's 23 and playing like a 17 year old is a shocking reflection of our youth set up.

I'd love him to do well because he's a local lad and all that but I think Soumare plays with much more intelligence and has better potential.

Yep. He clearly desperately wants to do well but he's incredibly naive for someone only one year younger than Tielemans.

As I've said before, the fact that he's 23 and playing like a 17 year old is a shocking reflection of our youth set up.

I'd love him to do well because he's a local lad and all that but I think Soumare plays with much more intelligence and has better potential.
Soumare is actually younger than KDH too so anyone who says KDH deserves more time, has to agree that Soumare deserves the same.

KDH might show a bit more energy but certainly no more end product yet and his size means he is easily bundled off the ball which is an area where Soumare excels at.

Well, it'll all come out in the wash. Eventually, Soumare will either get a lot better, quickly or become another failed experiment. I'd rather give KDH the nod against Southampton so that the message is at least clear; you can't amble around doing the square root of **** all and expect a free ride.

I don't expect KDH to be miles better but I don't think he'll be any worse and at least we are making the point that positions in the first eleven are to be earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757