Post Match Leicester-Burnley 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mention for Ghezzal, who I though was excellent in the 1st half.

Picked up good positions and generally looked dangerous and interested .

An improvement for sure
agreed, one or 2 times where a more confident player would have played the ball earlier but that will come

Our players should be immensely proud of themselves as should both sets of supporters. It was a tremendous celebration of a wonderful man.

As for the game, had it not been for a fantastic performance from Joe Hart, we'd have won that game at a canter. I thought Gray had a fantastic game as did Albrighton. Neither should have been taken off but it's difficult for any of us to quantify Puel's decision making really; we just don't know how much the travel and the emotion of everything has taken its toll on different players. Vardy looked pretty sharp and Ghezzal was excellent in the first half. Unfortunately he looked like a different player in the second half, especially when he moved position. Iheanacho was really, very poor but we I don't want to criticise anyone too heavily today, it wouldn't seem right somehow. A mention for Evans as well who I thought led the defence really well today.

Evans' performance today and when he came on last week put to bed the discussion of him being done, he clearly is so much more comfortable on the left

Just seen on SSN. Martin O Neill was there as was Paul Konchesky and Steve Guppy And Steve Walsh Senior

I thought the day was just unbelievable. One that I will remember for ever. I was a bit overcome before the game but once they played Time To Say Goodbye afterwards, that was it. I was in bits. Well done to everyone today and all at the club.

Wonderful to see Pearson and Ranier side by side in our stadium. Just a shame it had to be under such circumstances. It was also nice to see Martin O’Neill. Funny how his era of success has been eclipsed.

It would be good to see Claudio in particular back again to receive the appreciation he is due some other time. Now there’s a man who deserves a statue.

I’m no fan of Claude Puel as manager of our club but he has handled himself very well in what will be trying circumstances. He will be experiencing a measure of grief himself. He had to take the time to confirm he wasn’t among the dead, which must be a strange thing to have to do. He is managing players who knew the Chairman much better than he did and who are in mourning. And he had to listen to fans singing about past managers in a way he doesn’t get to experience himself.

I think the club deserves enormous credit for today’s events. It was tastefully done when it would have been easy to inadvertently put together something mawkish. The line is a fine one. Let’s now remember, and commemorate, as appropriate. Let’s also get back to the football.

My heart broke for Top. I couldn’t help but think of all the daft arguments I’ve had with my own old man. None of it matters. Any one of us could be gone tomorrow. Top isn’t only dealing with the loss of his father; he’s having to do so very publicly and partly in the very place his father took is final earthly steps. I hope he hasn’t felt forced in any way. I doubt I’d want to set foot in the place again if I were him.

The game itself is barely worth comment. We should have led at half time then both sides were pedestrian after the break. The players get a pass on that one today.

The football wasnt important but
......Gazelle was nothing like the Gazelle we've seen before. All put in a good shift first half and should have been in front. Second half was an understandably tired performances. Top marks for the ref, treated it as any other game by being shite. That booking for Morgan was a particular highlight.

I don't really know what to say about that afternoon. A fitting tribute and opportunity to be together.

I felt desperately for the players. How on earth did they do that? I've never walked to a game whilst as many people with City shirts and scarves were walking away from the game. Thousands walked just for the sake of it. No tickets, no matter.

At the occasional point, I felt a desire to shout or complain about something during the game but I held back. They deserved our total support today. However, that passion wants to come back out now so that's it for me. Mourning over. Next time I see us play, it's back to normal.

On a confusing day, I heard myself singing 'one Nigel Pearson' with a gusto that defied my sensibilities. I wept at seeing Claudio back. And I longed to give Top a hug.

Finally, a word for Susan Whelan. She's led the club over the last couple of weeks through her own grief and when surely she'd be forgiven for not being at her best. Everything the club has done over this period has been guided by her. She's been magnificent.

I noticed something odd as I watched Top walk round the pitch. Top was shaking hands and was embracd by a few fans. Fine. But one bloke asked for a selfie with him. Top obliged. Maybe it’s just me and it’s okay, but it seemed a strange request given the circumstances.

I noticed something odd as I watched Top walk round the pitch. Top was shaking hands and was embracd by a few fans. Fine. But one bloke asked for a selfie with him. Top obliged. Maybe it’s just me and it’s okay, but it seemed a strange request given the circumstances.
No that’s just senseless. Was he expecting Top to smile in the photo?

I don't really know what to say about that afternoon. A fitting tribute and opportunity to be together.

I felt desperately for the players. How on earth did they do that? I've never walked to a game whilst as many people with City shirts and scarves were walking away from the game. Thousands walked just for the sake of it. No tickets, no matter.

At the occasional point, I felt a desire to shout or complain about something during the game but I held back. They deserved our total support today. However, that passion wants to come back out now so that's it for me. Mourning over. Next time I see us play, it's back to normal.

On a confusing day, I heard myself singing 'one Nigel Pearson' with a gusto that defied my sensibilities. I wept at seeing Claudio back. And I longed to give Top a hug.

Finally, a word for Susan Whelan. She's led the club over the last couple of weeks through her own grief and when surely she'd be forgiven for not being at her best. Everything the club has done over this period has been guided by her. She's been magnificent.

Bang on the money

Such an emotional day, I didn't have a ticket but joined in the walk and hung around the stadium for a while. Felt a bizarre mix of grief and pride.

I only listened to the match on lcfc.com, but my impression was it was an exceptional performance in the circumstances.

Finally, a word for Susan Whelan. She's led the club over the last couple of weeks

I can vouch for this. I know a young uni student who works in the club shop in her spare time and she was a lunch companion yesterday. I was struck with the way that she talked about Vichai and Top's relationship with staff at every level but I was absolutely blown away when she read out a message of thanks, encouragement and support that Susan Whelan had circulated earlier in the week. She clearly deserves a massive credit for the dignified proceedings of the past couple of weeks.

I was absolutely blown away when she read out a message of thanks, encouragement and support that Susan Whelan had circulated earlier in the week. She clearly deserves a massive credit for the dignified proceedings of the past couple of weeks.

Quite right. I have posted about Susan Whelan and the occasion on the "Best Club" thread. Here I will just mention how good it was to see Claudio and Nigel back. When they left supporters never got the chance to say goodbye . I thought Nigel looked a great deal older.

Skitzo has wisely pointed out how difficult it is to criticise the substitutions. We do not know enough about the fitness levels.

This was our seco0nd clean sheet in a row - and achieved without our best defender I thought Evans did well. However, he and Wes are past their best and I hope one of our two young centre backs (or perhaps Amartey) will soon be ready to partner Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757